Fridge / Cooler Dometic Ac/dc Refrigerator

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by ghaynes, Apr 17, 2012.

1. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

So just opened up the flyer from Camping World and the Dometic AC/DC fridge is back on sale at the incredible LOW LOW LOOOOOW price of $499. Seriously as Cary has pointed out in the past this is below cost so if you are still looking check it out.

Gary

2. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

I am sure that is a limited time only also. Don't waste anytime if you are wanting one.

Cary

3. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/dometic-portable-refrigeratorfreezer/49355

Here is the link in case you want to order one. Looks like they also reduced the price of the shipping to $5.00 (from $27). Thanks for the heads up! That is the best price I have seen.

4. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

Thanks for the heads up. We ordered ours last night. That was a great buy.

Carol

5. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Yup me to ordered today. Read all the comments on the forum and could not resist.

6. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Same here. Now I need a hockey stick.

7. Mick'nSarah

Ditto! Mick is going to attempt to fashion a "hockey stick" for me between business trips (this is what I get get for marrying an engineer!) You should see the contraption he built as a water heater for us...can't say that will be joining us for any trips until he adds some safety features, but I am looking forward to the fridge...it just shipped!

8. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Does anyone use the insulated cover for the dometic? Needed? Usefull? or clutter?

9. Trippster

Trippster Novice

Pat,
    We just got our trailer last month. We have the cover. It seems to work nicely.
    A few benefits.
    1. The cover allows the cooler to slide out easier. We keep a cloth underneath as well.
    2. You don't need to have a cloth behind the cooler to protect the SS backsplash.
    3. It is insulated so I would think it would help in maintaining temps.
    4 and last but not least, it covers up the huge letters DOMETIC from cluttering up the nice Galley interior!
    This last point was our reason for getting it, but reasons 1-3 became even more obvious when we actually saw the cover.

10. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Is this the largest of the domestics that will fit?

11. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

Yes, the 33qt Dometic fits but if I remember correctly from Cary only with on of the two handles mounted. You should also by the 'hockey stick' from the factory to keep it from moving.

12. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Ah! A fellow traveler! Maybe we should start a club...or a support group... ;)

:cool:

13. Mick'nSarah

Oh Betsy, several of us moms put here try to do that (with high-tech jobs, the fellas are all over the place...in fact Mick is flying home early from the UK so he can make the NW Rond-up). He used to say at the start of each year, that he wouldn't be traveling so much. He has finally stopped doing that!

14. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Sarah...I think I misunderstood what you were saying about being married to an engineer :D :D

I was referring to the "I-can-make-that" aspect of it & you being a fellow traveler (commiserator?)on that same journey. ;) ;)

I now see you were referring to the actual traveling part of the job (which my engineer does not do :) ).

Ah, the English language - creating confusion for centuries! :D :D :D :D

:cool:

15. Mick'nSarah

Oops! Betsy, you are right. I mistook your comment! When you mentioned a traveler, I thought you were talking about that!

You are so right...there must be an 'EWSG' (engineer wives support group) somewhere for us! I have learned since laddy was born, that there are lots of things Mick wished he had as a kid (or has seen recently and thinks are really cool). Our second story deck has become one big play structure (not sure if that is helping property values! Ha!). I will say, the zip line has been a big hit with adults and kids (it can hold up to 1500lbs). Thank goodness car racing season is here and the car will need work, so he won't have time to be so creative! :)

16. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

We received our new refrig today. Don't laugh but hints on how you use it--I mean it is pretty small so do you shop everyday and use it just to keep things cool until you cook? I told Mike no room for beer.

17. slumry

slumry Novice

What the temperature is set to, what it reads on the outside and what it actually is inside are not going to be consistent. I think someone said to set it to 32 degrees and forget about it and that is probably about right. The inside temperature will be cold on the bottom and will get quite a bit warmer as you go up.

BTW, the hockey stick is not just a simple ā€œLā€ shaped piece of wood; it is beveled and is actually a fairly complex shape. Definitely worth the meager amount they are charging for it.

If beer is off limits, I will point out that it does a great job of keeping several bottles of wine nice and chilled.

18. Mick'nSarah

Totally serious. As well as two 8' climbing walls, 'climbing mushrooms', 2 tire swings (orientated in different directions), a wall of tires to climb, a slide so he can get from the top of the 4.5' wall to the patio easier/quicker, and one other little swing. This kid has no idea how good he has it. Plus, Mick recently used a vacuum that will levitate ping pong balls (it was originally a ping pong ball shooter, and still has that functionality), and they use a nerf gun to shoot the ping pong balls off. I fear every trip to Home Depot. It really is Mick's toy store! :) He is a tinkerer, just like his grandfather was. It is all good fun though.

Thanks also for the tips on temps. I was going to try and go back to look that up (remember there being another post a while back), so it was good to have the refresher!

19. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

Jenn,

thanks that helps. That will work for us too. I was just surprised at the space when I opened it up.

20. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

I ordered the hockey stick and a rain fly for our side tent. Cary said they have not been able to get the insulated cover for the cooler. I think I will make a insulated cover for our trip to Utah, etc. I have not gotten the cooler yet but think I may be able to fashion something that will work. I will wait and see what the air flow areas are like.