Electrical

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by pat walsh, Jul 1, 2011.

1. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

When we do not have an electrical hook up our lights work just fine but our outlets do not. I tried the reset on the gfi and it does not engage. Anybody know what the cause of this is?
    We have driven from MN and all around the Olympic Pennisula of Washington and now are headed back via the Columbia Gorge. All is vast and awsome but chilly and at times damp. Our average temp has been 60.

2. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

All the lights run off 12 volts dc the battery in the Camp Inn.The outlets need 120 volts ac the Camp Inn needs to be pluged in.Steve :)

3. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Steve,
    thanks I wondered if I just did not understand this correctly - now I get it.
    Pat

4. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Also, your DC outlets should work just fine when you aren't plugged in to electrical. If you have an inverter, you can plug it into the DC outlet & plug an electrical cord (like for a fan or phone charger, or laptop) into it & still use it.

:cool:

5. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Thanks Betsy - we do have a converter and it worked fine I just did not think about the battery being dc. I have never been good at electrical concepts. But now I've got it.