Fantastic Fan Fantastic Fan Exterior Vent Cover

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by birder526, Dec 24, 2014.

1. birder526

birder526 Novice

Has anyone heard of or used the Aero-flo vent cover on their TD or RD (if you don't have the rain-sensing version of the fan)? We'd appreciate your thoughts on this brand or any other. Thanks! And Merry Christmas!

2. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  3. birder526

birder526 Novice

Thanks! Do you have to remove it when you're rolling on the road? Merry Christmas!

4. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

I think you could safety drive it but it looks so weird that I wouldn't. It's like this huge wart on your beautiful little trailer. To me it is most useful when you leave the trailer and want to keep the vent open, but the weather is threatening rain.

5. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I highly recommend the fantastic fan upgrade with the rain sensor. That and the furnace I wouldn't want to give up.

6. birder526

birder526 Novice

Pat, thanks for your recommendations. We had the rain sensing fan on order, but changed to the regular fan. Hope we won't regret it...

7. birder526

birder526 Novice

Love your comments!! I agree, the vent cover does not look great and the teardrop is such a wonderful shape. A wart!!

8. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

So far I have owned two teardrops. One with the traditional fantastic fan. Second has the rain sensing fan. Personally I dislike the rain sensing fan. The current build a 560 will have a traditional fantastic fan.

Jean

9. Old_Prospector

Old_Prospector Junior Ranger

Jean - I would be interested in your reason for preference on the traditional fantastic fan over the rain sensing unit. At this point I have ordered my CI with the rain sensor, but there is plenty of time to fine tune my order. I would appreciate your experience with both.

10. birder526

birder526 Novice

I had heard that the rain sensing fan was noisier, I think upon closing...not sure if my recollection is correct.

Look forward to hearing Jean's response.

11. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Diane and Michael,

The fans themselves sounds the same. The drive motor that runs the hood up and down on the rain sensor version is fairly noisy. If it starts to rain at night and the fan closes while you are sleeping you are likely to be woken up by it.

Cary

12. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Of course water pouring down on your bed is likely to wake you up too. I turn off the automatic at night and just hope it doesn't rain. When the rain sensor really saves the day is when you go off for the day and a shower comes up while you are gone.

13. birder526

birder526 Novice

Pat, so much to consider! We may go the route of a vent cover and hope it doesn't detract from our beautiful trailer too much!

14. birder526

birder526 Novice

Cary, thanks for the info. We are thinking about the aero-flo vent cover.

15. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

I prefer the simple operation of the traditional fantastic fan. KISS

The rain sensing fan handle needs to be pulled down to operate manually. My experience is when the handle is pulled, the auto closing function takes over, which I find frustrating. The auto fan feature is noisey, will wake you up at night if automatically closing.

If I am gone during the day I leave the fan slightly open. About 50% of the time the teardrop is covered with an awning anyway, so not so worried about rain.

Jean

16. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Jean,

The rains sensor Fantastic fan recently has been changed. You no longer pull the knob out to run it manually. They have a drive motor that will turn when you manually turn the knob so it is much simpler.

Still sounds the same though

Cary