First 102 nights for Jim & Sue

Discussion in '100 Nights' started by Jim49, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Jim49

Jim49 Novice

100th night at Mi-Te-Jo 2012

Glenn Ellis Saco Campsite

Packed up for Mount Desert Island/Bar Harbor

Quechee Gorge NH Last check out before first Long Haul

Rochester NY KOA - on our way home 2008

First night at CI - CO 2008

Filing for 100 days award Jim & Sue

CampInn #287 Model 560 Ultra #33
    Days in the Raindrop & Miles History Nights Miles

2008 – Trip Home to Maynard
    Camp Inn Camp Outt 2008 2
    Bluegrass Camground Swanton OH 1
    Rochester KOA NY 1 04 1247.6 1247.6

Glenn Ellis NH 3 0685.3
    Fish Creek NY 3 0717.3
    Quechee Pine Valley KOA VT 2 0318.6
    Long Haul to Yellowstone 15 27 5253

Woodstock KOA NH 2 0382.7
    Maynard MA driveway 2 0000
    Glenn Ellis NH 3 0753.9
    Fish Creek NY 3 0721.3
    VT Brewers Festival 3 0535.2
    Bar Harbor 7 0767.5
    Mi-Te-Jo ME 3 50 0252.6 3413.2

Glenn Ellis 4 0662.7
    VT Brewers Festival 3 0519.4
    Long Haul Grand Canyon + 22 79 6684.4 7871.5

Glenn Ellis 4 0735
    Fish Creek NY 3 0677.9
    VT Brewers Festival 3 0509.7
    August Vacation – Bar Harbor 6 0818.9
    Woodstock KOA NH 2 0378.5
    Herkimer KOA NY 2 0562.5
    Mi-Te-Jo 3 102 0226.3 3931.8

Our first night in our Raindrop was when we picked it up September 2008 and went to the Camp Inn Camp Outt up in Necedah WI. We then had two stops on our way back to Maynard MA. One in Ohio and the other in NY.

The following year we started at one of our favorite campgrounds – Glenn Ellis in Glenn NH. Next we went to the Tear Up the ADK at Fish Creek Campground in NY. Then we stayed at the Pine Valley KOA in Quechee VT. With some camping under our belt it was time September 2009 for our first long haul trip out west which is written up with photos and saved in the Long Haul awards area which took us to the end of our camping for 2009.

In 2010 we started out the first of May with a visit to the Broken Branch KOA in Woodstock NH & at the end of the month we were back to Glenn Ellis for the long holiday weekend in Glenn NH. Come June we were at Fish Creek again for another great long weekend. In July we went to the Vermont Brewers Festival in Burlington VT we stayed at one of the campground in Mallard Bay area just North of Burlington. In early September we went north to Bar Harbor ME and stayed at Hadley Point Campground. Our last Campout was late September at Mi-Te-Jo a Gathering of the New England Tearjerkers.

In 2011 we started our camping with a trip to Glenn Ellis where we get a beach front site on the Saco River. Come July we are back in Vermont for a visit to the Brewers Festival on the shores of Lake Champlain in Burlington. Come September we are off on our second Long Haul which is again documented in the Long Haul award section with photos.

This year (2012) for Memorial Day weekend we are back to Glenn Ellis and the Craft Fair in North Conway. Next is our visit to Fish Creek for the Friday beer tasting, followed by the Saturday wine tasting and the Sunday night fire side music and relaxing session for those of us which stay an extra night. July we are back at the Vermont Brewers Festival and the visit with my daughter. Since this is not a Long Haul year we spend a week in Bar Harbor area again at Hadley Point. Come September we have booked three weekends in a row. The first being at the Broken Branch KOA in Woodstock NH, the second at the Herkimer KOA in NY & the third at Mi-Te-Jo in Milton NH. This end our camping season with 102 nights in our Raindrop and 24,675.9 miles. So given those number we have to wait till the Start of next season to file for the 25,000 award.

2. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Re: First 1002 nights for Jim & Sue

Great story and congratulations on 102 nights. :)

3. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Re: First 1002 nights for Jim & Sue

Good write up - very interesting - Thanks

4. Mark_inMA

Mark_inMA Novice

Hi Jim and Sue,

I'm one of the new Massachusetts 560 owners. When my wife and I first moved to Mass we lived in an apartment two towns up in Boxborough.

Looking at your log inspires me to achieve similar adventures. I started with 9 nights and 3665 miles after picking up OZ

I see we have something else in common, beer! I have brewed all-grain for 10 years. I was bummed when I found out the Burlington festival was already sold out. Guess I will just have to make a jaunt and visit individual breweries and pubs this summer.

May you have ANOTHER 25000 miles of Good Journeys!

5. Jim49

Jim49 Novice

Hello Mark I see you are not that far away. As for the tickets for the festival up in Burlington they sell out quickly every year, you need to log in during the first few days. The first session is sold out in a few hours. We always get tickets for the second session which are sold out within a day or two. This weekend we are going to the "Tear up the ADK" gathering in NY. It is a come one come all gathering at Fish Creek state park NY. They have a website and if available would be a great place to meet a bunch of folks. By the way no hook ups but all site are lake front. Anyways would like to meet you someday. We will also be at the 10th Camp Inn Camp Outt this September on our way back on our third long haul trip out West.