Foiled by loose cargo...

Discussion in 'Camper's Confessional' started by Steve & Peggy, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Steve & Peggy

Steve & Peggy Newbie

Went out for a week of hiking with my son last year at Big Bend National Park in TX. We had a good time, packed up and made the drive home. When we started to unpack, we discovered that we couldn't get either door to unlock on the camper. I remembered that I must have left one of the doors locked from the inside (with the little lever lock on the inside of the door). No big deal, right? Just use the other door. Well, while we were driving, something in the camper shifted and rolled directly onto the inside lock of the unlocked door. It somehow hit it the lock perfectly and clicked that little lever to lock the 2nd door from the inside, and just like that, we were locked out! Thankfully I had left one of the windows un-latched, so I was able to slide the window open, slice the screen, and reach in to get the door unlocked. I now know to secure the cargo better, and I also know how to replace the screen on the door :). Watch those locks and secure that cargo!

2. birder526

birder526 Novice

Now that is something to remember! I recall reading a post about this some time ago. I'm sure we'll go through this at least one time!

3. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Steve,

That is one of those little things people who go through orientation here at the factory have explained to them. We warn of this and also teach the proper method of breaking in.

You would not have had to slice the screen. The screen is held in by an old fashioned rope setting rod. You can simply push in on the screen and knock it off the window frame without tearing it. Just need to reinstall afterwards.

Cary

4. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Orientation video please!!