SOLD For Sale 2005 Ultra 550 #143

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by david wilson, Jun 25, 2014.

1. david wilson

david wilson Newbie

For sale 550 ultra with everything--- in San Clemente, California David 949 366-3033
    Custom interior and custom mattress, up to date, almost all extras, garaged! Perfect $15,500 or best offer must sell! YOU Must See!!!!

2. snakebitten

snakebitten Newbie

Re: For sale 2005 ultra 550 #143

hey David,

been a while since you listed. Is it still available?

3. david wilson

david wilson Newbie

Yes, still for sale, give me a call.

4. namklg

namklg Newbie

Hi,
    Do you have any pictures?

5. snakebitten

snakebitten Newbie

Nice fella, Dave.
    Meticulous gentleman, as well.
    Sounds like a really well taken care of 550-Ultra.

I'm willing to state that publicly because I just might be headed to California tonight! (I'm actually second in line. But causing the other candidate to make up his mind. :) )

If so, yes it is a bit impromptu for someone 1500 miles away from California. But how often will someone get a chance to avoid the ~1 year wait for one of these amazing CI tear drops?

6. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Heheh, good luck...

San Clemente & San Onfre (all the power you'll need) is a nice place, you should plan on camping there for a few days, get acquainted with it. Let "IT" break you in.. heheh,

Fun, good luck...

7. snakebitten

snakebitten Newbie

Thanks for the well wishes, but it turned out my sudden serious efforts simply got the first buyer to step up to the plate.

But's it's all good. I'm happy for David. He got a fair price for a nice camper.

The way I figure it is it wasn't meant to be my tear drop. Mine's still out there somewhere.

8. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

I decided just to order and wait. Trying to find one for sale is hard enough. The price for a used one is almost the same as new so I will miss some camping this year but come spring, it should be ready. I should be placing my order this coming week but I am waiting for a mechanic to give my truck a clean bill of health first. Assuming that goes well, we should be confirming our features and placing the order for our 560.

9. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

Camp-Inn has a dealer in Maineā€¦ Poplar Hill RV. They have a 550 Ultra scheduled to be in inventory in October. That's another way to avoid the waiting. That's what I did.

10. snakebitten

snakebitten Newbie

WooHoo! Looks like I'm gettin a second shot at Dave's 550 Ultra!
    He called around 3pm and offered a sale. I was in the truck California bound in 20 minutes!

What's 3000 miles for a Texan. Mere jaunt.
    Tried to make El Paso before I shut it down. (half way)But an empty truck was too quiet. Came up a couple of hundred miles short.

And yes, I DID touch base with Poplar Hill. It was definitely an option if this one didn't pan out.

I'm pleased though, even if I'm on a tight schedule for this first trip.

11. Jay & Valerie

Congrats. Done that drive several times. I am in Austin but grew up in Orange County and still have most of my family there.

Drive safe and enjoy the return trip.

12. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Wooo Hoooo "Snake"

Waaay to go...
    heheh gotta luv those last minute changes and 20min later you're on the road... Sweet...

Just Git'er home and then you can enjoy it. I had to rush home too when i picked mine up in WI (from Seattle, WA) so just stayed at the Motel 6... if I wasn't sleeping, I was driving... it's all over in a few days and don't even remember it..

fun... Then? Let the Games Begin...

And good timing too...
    It's about the Hottest time of the year.. heheh.. makes for a good story...

Kewl and Fun...

13. birder526

birder526 Novice

Good luck!!

Diane

14. snakebitten

snakebitten Newbie

again, thanks for all the support folks!

I made it. I'm pooped but inspired......if that's possible.
    Fixin to get some needed sleep and wake fresh to get my first look at #143 in the morning.

if things work out, I'm looking forward to joining the club and maybe meeting up with some of yaw in the campgrounds across this great land.

15. Jay & Valerie

Oh Snake, I'm a tad disappointed...yaw? C'mon now, you're a Texan...you should know when addressing a group it is "all y'all". LOL

16. Chuckwagon

Chuckwagon Junior Ranger

I hope it's in great shape and that it works out for you :)

17. snakebitten

snakebitten Newbie

Yaw is "y'all"?
    Ok. True enough, I suppose.
    But that requires a punctuation mark. You folks in Austin are better educated than us country bumpkins.

By the way, I know this might derail the thread.....nevermind, I'll post appropriately. Concerns how fast I can tow this little trailer.

18. snakebitten

snakebitten Newbie

Just bought it.
    It was EVERYTHING he said it was.
    Meticulously cared for. And upgraded everytime Camp-inn did an upgrade to newer models. Example, LED lights.
    But the real bonus is all the things a savvy camper does as they actually camp with it. Best example is the gorgeous spice rack. He had the galley set for cooking!

So pleased. Feel a bit guilty for not having to wait like most. But believe me, I hustled to get to this point.

So, camping on the way home? Wish I could. Got to be in Kingsville Tx by Friday. Got some tailgating to do for the home game. (Texas A&A Javelinas)

But no worries, the little Best Western on wheels will be there with me.

19. 1Door

1Door Novice

Good for you!!

20. snakebitten

snakebitten Newbie

I think I just named it.
    Bwow.

Pronounced "be-wow"

I've stayed in Best Westerns all around the globe. Now I have permanent reservations. :)