Forgot to do this when I registered years ago

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by jodennis, Jan 2, 2014.

1. jodennis

jodennis Newbie

Hi everyone, Jolene and Luke here in Oakland, CA. We are on our second Camp-Inn trailer. My first was a nice woody 550 Ultra that I towed with a VW New Beetle TDI (pics in the Long Haul story section). I bought that after I decided my Hunter Shadow tear wasn't the right fit for me. It worked great and I loved it, took it to many parks, Dam Gatherings and other Teardrop events here in CA, and also the first International gathering in Minden. That's where I spotted the new Raindrop! I got my then-boyfriend, Luke, hooked on teardropping. After we had our second baby, we realized we needed to somehow fit everyone. Luckily, we managed to snag a 560 from a member of the T&TTT forum and it's been great! The 560 Ultra gets towed with our 2007 Dodge Magnum RT (with a towing package). Our kids are ALMOST too big for the bunk beds, but we have a solution: one of those cartop popup tents that goes on a roof rack. Now, to find one reasonably priced! We've taken our tear to lots of National Parks, trips home to MN every summer, and even just camping in the driveway. nice to meet you!

2. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

And nice to meet you. Hey, you're right up the road from us! I was born in Oakland and lived there many, many years. Not the town of my childhood, but then, what is?

Sue

3. jodennis

jodennis Newbie

Yay, Sue :) we're by the zoo, so even closer to Castro Valley :) DO you happen to know if there is any sort of Bay Area meetup?

4. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Hi there! Wondering if you ever tried a rooftop tent....and if you were planning to mount it on the tow vehicle or the camper? If so, how did it work out for you with the kiddos? I'd love to see photos if you have any.
    We have thought of this option also as our youngest was 10 and fit on the bunk when we bought our 560; but he's 13 and bigger than me now!

Casandra