Free Camping at Harvest Hosts

Discussion in 'Campground & Park Reviews' started by Bazza2154, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

Has anybody used this service before

Harvest Hosts

They offer free camping in Wineries and farms in North America for a small annual fee.

2. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

Try typing this in your web browser

www.harvesthosts.com

The link did not work for me when I tried it either

PS it works I tried it

3. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I really like the harvest host idea. I am wondering if folks have used this? It says you have to be completely self-contained, no awnings or tents, and no tent trailers. I am wondering if we would be eligible as we still need a restroom of some sort and since there is no tents, would be hard to get that privacy. I may be over thinking it though.

I would love to stay at farms and vineyards. That is amazing!

4. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

That's the one think that I was concerned with we use the side tent for the Porta Potty but that would probably not be allowed.
    I did find a product called Add a cabana

www.portablesunshade.com Scroll down the page its called a portable dressing room SUV tent tailgating shelter add a Cabana

which goes over you tailgate for a privacy room. I thought this would be a good product to carry for a quick site stop over to give some protection to the kitchen area. I cannot order this in Canada as they wont ship here.

5. ssackett

ssackett Novice

I contacted Harvest Host recently to ask if they would approve a Camp-Inn TD. Another thread indicated that they have accepted a Camp-Inn before, but they told me they would not because there was no interior cooking or toilet. Disappointing.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Tom & Diana P likes this.