Froli® Sleep Systems - circulation

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by fpoole, Jun 16, 2015.

1. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

I saw this for camping and thought it might be helpful.
    Something different..

Froli Sleep Systems

[​IMG]

Might be a little too much compared to the mat thing..

2. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

I saw that the other day while searching the internet.
    Thanks for posting, Frank.

The queen kit is $452.73. Expensive, but a neat concept.

3. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

I have been using the hyper-vent - added about 1" in height to the mattress - it is used for under mattresses on fishing boats, etc.

Bob

4. fpoole

Yah, I think the Hyper-vent would be the best choice and up along the sides for the air to escape... there's another thread discussing it, believe Jenn has it.. with a fan for Full timers.

Fun... It's always kewl to find stuff used for one type to be able to use it for another type of toy...

Always sumpt'n eh?

5. Little Patriot

I went ahead and bought the Hyper-vent, but I haven't taken it out of the box yet.

Based on Jenn's post and a couple of others, I need to cut the 10' piece into two 5' pieces. After that, I'm not sure. I need to go back and reread that thread.

If the Hypervent takes up one inch in height, what is the maximum I have left for other bedding to play with?

6. fpoole

Probably depends upon the foot clearance you have.

I had the bubble Foil lay, 2 layers thick, the regular mattress, a 2"? foam padding and a 12v Heating pad.

I'd hit the rarely top back part and is quickly learned/adapted to no problem. If it was a problem, I'd just cut about a foot off the foam pad and should be fine, but it wasn't a problem. Just get in, try it, put a book under it or something to get a feeling for it.

Should be fine..

7. Little Patriot

Thanks, Frank.

8. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

seems like it might get in the way of the storage under the bed.

9. Little Patriot

I went back and watched the video. The company will also customize for the client.
    It would be interesting to contact them and see if they have a solution to the under bed storage.

10. fpoole

dunno, In 5+ yrs I never looked/used the under-bed storage... I even had to check to see if there was in fact a tire in there when I put it up for sale...

11. birder526

birder526 Novice

We use hypervent and it isn't too difficult to get to the storage bins as the mat is cut into two 5' pieces. It also flips up pretty easily to get under and around it. The one inch height is not really noticeable. We are happy with it.

12. Little Patriot

I do remember you mentioning that when you were getting your teardrop ready for sale.
    (It still makes me laugh.)

I'll have to wait and see.....I'm still in the "gearing up" process. Can't really know what works for me until I actually have my teardrop.

13. Little Patriot

Diane, do you let the excess material go up the sides (head and foot) of the mattress?

14. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi! Yes, about 2" on all 4 sides.

15. Little Patriot

Oh, that's good to know. Thanks, Diane.

16. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Huh... That's different. Thanks Frank. We've been trying to figure out what to do about the mattress, some way to make it more comfortable without squashing our toes. Don't know if we'll go that way, switch to memory foam (which gets hard as a rock in cold climates) or just drop the other boot and have one custom made. It's a puzzler.

Sue

17. fpoole

Sue,
    Think of cutting foam mattress back a foot or two, you don't really need it for the feet...

Should give plenty of room.

The RV crowd is going to the "foamies" but older ones apparently get to hot and turn to bricks when cold or something like that..

New ones have gel-packs?, dunno... but they, Truck Campers, were looking at 8" thick.. not sure but that might be a little to thick for TD.

Hope that helps...

18. Jim and Sue L.

Gee thanks Frank. Just because Sue's feet never reach under the cabinets anyway, dosen't mean Jim's feet can't do with out the support.....LOL.

Jim

19. Jim and Sue L.

Shouldn't that be "my feet", Jim?

Don't listen to him, Frank, he's crazy. Here's proof: he married me.

I hear the new memory foam mattresses don't do the ice brick/ molten lava bit, but I don't know if I'd trust the adds. Jenn just advised us not to go down that road and if anyone knows about comfort (or the lack there of) in the TD, it is she...or Bear.

The search continues.

How's that new trailer of yours working out...or is it an RV? You can always go back to a CI. Just a thought.

Whatever you do, keep posting.

Camp on,

Sue and Jim(that's Jim, not I)

20. fpoole

Heheheh, confusaled in "Sue & Jim Land"...

Funny...

Still working on the setup, Truck ordered for Sept Delivery, flatbed - buggy and Camper hopefully at end of year when the dust settles...

a work in progress to say the least. Noodling getting the camper before the buggy, but?? not sure yet...

Going Knutts in Waiting land...

fun..