Galley Storage Improvements

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Tour 931, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I spent the last two days and nights working on the galley. Yes I know I haven't done much in two days.

Dishes always seem to be a problem. They rattle and don't always stay where you put them. To solve this problem I built a plate, glasses, and bowl shelf on the left. It tilts forward where everything wants to go so they stay in place. I store pot holders and dish towels under the lift space. It is designed and sized so it can be put in and taken out easily.
    DSCN6394.JPG DSCN6395.JPG DSCN6404.JPG

Next I made room for my tea steamer and tea on the other side. The place mat helps keep everything in place. I also carry a lot of dish towels and pot holders and use them where ever needed.
    DSCN6396.JPG DSCN6397.JPG DSCN6406.JPG

I also built a plywood divider in the back. Beside it is two 2 1/2 gallon jugs of drinking water.
    DSCN6400.JPG

Yes I know, not much work for two days.

Tom & Diana P, Ken & Peggy and Evan like this.
  2. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Nive work!

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Very nice.

4. adrianneross

adrianneross Junior Ranger Donating Member

It's always so much fun to see everyone's storage "upgrades" - my favorite part of the forum!

Tim made something similar (with cut-outs for my water boiler, teapot and coffee cups). Ours also has some space in the front so he used a wee bit of clear 3M dual-lock "velcro" between the edge of the shelf and the back wall to keep it from sliding around en route - if that sounds handy for your application?

It's cool stuff - I think the mechanics use it in the ambulances so it's pretty heavy-duty - he's always bringing home all sorts of interesting bits and bob left-overs from work. I think Scotch makes a knock-off which might be cheaper/easier to find. Regular velcro would probably work fine, but this stuff is supposed to be "non-marring". Tim mounted a set of travel clocks under the "convenience trays" in the cabin, plus our weather radio to the wall inside our galley cabinet - very handy. I would like to mount our (hard-sided) first aid kit in our front cabin cabinet because it always seems to go on walkabout in there.

Jenn likes this.
  5. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Automotive Velcro works great too.

6. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Looking good

7. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Thanks. It worked out quite well.

8. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It is Corelle and made in the U.S.A. I used it for 10 years in the Little Guy and never broke a dish while traveling.