Geatings from Monroe Washington

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Tbone3000@msn.com, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Thank you all for having such a wonderful and educational forum.

My name is Lorne and my wife (Tracy) and I have been seriously investigating a Teardrop trailer. We are very active with our classic 31 5 window Ford Coupe which has very little trunk room for camping gear and are getting to the age where a tent is just not comfortable anymore.
    We did have a very nice antique beer cooler trailer which allowed us to haul stuff, but last November our storage unit that we keep it in during the winter along with 70 other units caught fire destroying our special toy. While we will rebuild it in time we have decided to move up to a Teardrop and after a long hard look have fallen in love with the Raindrop 560 ultra.

We look forward to all of the great advice from this group

2. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Welcome to the forum! You have a pretty special car there, and I think a 560 would look great behind it! We sure love ours!

Hope we will meet you both at the NW Round-Up!

3. We would love to meet every one even if we have not gotten our trailer yet. just to see all the options. the bug has bit us hard.

4. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Hey Lorne and Tracy,

Welcome! Why don't you come to Camp Inn, Camp Outt this September in Wisconsin and meet the crowd. You can rent a 560 and see if it's you (which I have no doubt it is). Also there are lots and lots of CIs in the NW. Any one of them would we willing to meet up and show you their baby.

Hey, you North West crowd! Anyone near Monroe?

Sue and Jim

5. Jim and Sue L.

By the way, you are aware you have to name your trailer, aren't you?

Sue

6. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Hi, Lorne and Tracy. We have a 550 and live just down I-5 from you so if you want to take a look, you're welcome to. Bob and Kathy

PS - your trailer works just fine without a name - just a little less cute!

7. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

You are more than welcome, trailer or not. Last year we had a couple folks in tents and a few that swung by. Check out the gatherings section. Off the top of my head, I think it is 25-28 July at Mossrock.

8. Jim and Sue L.

No, no! They have to give their CI a name. How will they train it to come on command without a name?

Sue

By the way, how are you two doing? Miss hanging around with you guys and all that wine...or was it whine?

Sue

9. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Lorne_and_Tracy welcome you have come to the right place Camp Inn is the best you are going to find. :)

10. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Hey, Sue. Doing well. Planning trip to Alabama late March and to Alaska mid-August with arrival in Wisconsin in time for CICO. Hi to Jim.

Kathy

11. Jim and Sue L.

You're going to be at Mossyrock, right?

Hey, Lorne, consider going there and meeting some of the nicest folks around. That crowd in the Great North West is a hoot and they have lots of very, very nicely tricked-out CIs along with some great home made models. The dates are July 25 through 28.

Camp On,

Sue

12. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Lorne and Tracy, welcome to our forum.

Like your ride, it will make a great looking TV...maybe Craig and Cary can trick out your 560 with flames or make it look like the Coors Silver Bullet. Then you won't have to rebuild the cooler (sorry to hear about that). If they can do "steam punk" they can do flames on a beer can...if they won't Marty will.

Keep us posted on your progress and don't worry about the name thing, it will follow you wherever you tow.

13. Ok. The name of it will be Tweetie. We plan to have it skinned to match our car yellow with flames . That is when we get to that point

14. Oh man, can I relate to that statement!

I agree with others that you need to see one up close. I'd take Kathy and Bob's offer up to see one sooner versus later. As cute as you think they look in pictures, there is nothing like seeing one in person.

Welcome to the forum!

15. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

I think Rick's talking about the Teardrop, not us! Kathy

16. Ha ha ha ha!!

Actually, that quote is equally appropriate for the two of you as well!!

17. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

I think you and Bob are 'cute.' ;)

18. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

But not as cute as Bailey

19. Jim and Sue L.

Oh now there is a puzzler. Who's cuter: Bailey or Kathy and Bob. Hhhmmmm....

PS: love the name for your soon-to-be CI.

Sue

20. Thank you everyone for the suport and advice. would love to see Kathy and Bob's 550 and how cute Bob is in person, but we also realy want to see a 560 as the extra room is what we are looking for. and no mater how cute Bob is i think it will be very hard to change our minds from the 560 to the 550.