Greetings From Cedar Rapids

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Renee Scheuerlein, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Hi all,
    We just picked up our 560 Ultra last weekend and broke it in by camping two nights in Pikes Peak State Campground. Our first major trip will be to Glacier Park MT in late June. We look forward to lots of adventures!
    Neil and Renee Scheuerlein

2. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Welcome to the family!

3. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Welcome & Congratulations! Can I tag along with you guys to Glacier this summer? It's on my bucketlist & sounds like LOTS more fun & WAY less stressful than pulling off TWO weddings five weeks apart for two (of our four) kids in June & July! :eek:

Casandra

4. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Welcome. Although I have lived in Southern California for the last 25 years, I am from the Quad Cities. Will be back in Iowa visiting family for Mothers Day. Congrats on the 560 and welcome to the CI family!

Randy

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  5. Congatratulations! You'll love Glacier if you have never been. We camped at Many Glacier Campground two years ago. I don't remember it but we lived in Cedar Rapids for a year back in the late '60s. My parents did not care for the winter and came back South.

6. lorieandkeith

lorieandkeith Novice

Hi Renee - We're from Iowa City in the Peninsula. You will love your campinn.

7. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Pikes Peak is a nice place. Weyelusing has fantastic views. Welcome to the CI family.

8. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

Cedar Rapids is a nice town. Home to Quaker Oats if I remember correctly. Back when I traveled more for work, I had a number of clients there. You should enjoy having your CI and can really find the forum helpful.

Bob

9. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

welcome to the clan! We are from Bettendorf, also headed to Glacier but in September. Keep us posted on your travels..R

10. adrianneross

adrianneross Junior Ranger Donating Member

I'd like to invite you to join the Land of Lincoln TearJerkers. We're a group of teardrop, small & vintage camper owners who get together about once a month from May - October (always the second full weekend) at various campgrounds around Illinois - usually state parks/ACE. The Iowa chapter is based on the west side of the state so we have active members from Maquoketa, Manchester, and Bettendorf. We organize our "gatherings" and potlucks via TearJerkers.net (you have to register to access the site, but it's only a private forum and not at all intrusive). Betsy Edevold (wife of Craig) is the Chapter Director of the St. Croix (WI & MN) Chapter so you know it's good stuff.

Our first gathering of 2017 (the Galena Getaway) is next weekend (May 12-14) at the Palace Campground in Galena, IL. We have a special rate of $30/night and there are still spots available. A lot of people show up on Thursday, but we do a little meet-and-greet on Friday night and then we have a breakfast and dinner potluck on Saturday (but you only have cook for one). Our gatherings are very laid-back and you're welcome to join us for potluck on Saturday (6-ish). I hope you'll check out our schedule and join us.

There's also an "unplugged" event hosted by our Maquoketa members on June 1-4 at Yellow River State Forest. Another gathering a bit closer to you is Prophetstown State Park on October 12-15.

Before we got our Camp Inn, if you had told me that I'd be camping with a group, I would have said you're crazy! Now, I can't wait for our next gathering - it's such a great group of people and we have so much fun!

11. lorieandkeith

lorieandkeith Novice

Cripes! I wish I would have seen this post earlier. I'm in Iowa City and could have come to the Galena getaway had I not junked up my calendar. Is there a mailing list? I will google your LoLTJ name.

12. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Galena was a great time, as always!

As Adrianne said, we're laid back, have fun, eat well, laugh a lot and always come back for more. There are several gathering coming up this summer/fall in MN, WI, IL and IA...Just take a peek on the Tearjerkers site under Land of Lincoln and St. Croix Chapters. Always someone camping somewhere who likes company!

Hope to see you around the campfire!

Betsey