Greetings From Newbies In Ontario

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Steve and Karen, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Now is as a good a time as any to say: Hi. We picked up #938, a 560 Classic, on Thursday and got home (through snowstorms and white-out conditions) to Smithville Ontario this morning. Despite spending 24 hours in Necedah this week, as well as a trip out to the factory to research them last summer, and extensive creeping of wonderfully informative (and friendly) sites like this, I still have several questions about what exactly it is that is sitting in our driveway at the moment, and what we can do to it, and with it. Which ... I will get to in due time. For now, we're glad to be a part of the Camp-Inn family. Cheers,

Steve and Karen

Jenn, Mike_Kathi, Evan and 1 other person like this.
  2. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Cheers! and Congratulations!! Now go clean the salt off!:)

3. Congratulations!

4. Lynne & Scott

Lynne & Scott Junior Ranger Donating Member

Congratulations. Sounds like a whirlwind of a trip. I just made a 2,602 mile trip myself to pick up #831, last week, down in GA. I enjoyed sleeping in her on the way home (SD). She’s been in her garage ever since but I am hoping for a warm day soon (it’s been snowing since she came home) so I can shine her up. I have some things I need to shop for - dishes, material for a quilt etc. I look forward to taking her out soon, if even for just one night. I am eager to start exploring weekend getaways and plan to do a lot of boondocking to find those remote areas. Best of luck - I look forward to hearing about what you do to customize it to you and your needs!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Jenn likes this.
  5. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Welcome, congratulations, now you have to go and clean that gem

6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Welcome to the forum.

7. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

8. Thanks to all for the greetings.

As an update, I am working through an invalid VIN calculation issue with Cary, who was quick to identify the anomaly's source and correct it. Again, quick and thorough follow-up customer service by CI.

Forum member Kelly's post from 2011:
    Prospective Canadian Customers
    was very useful to us, and is still relevant to the current importation process, in case any other Canadians were worried about going through it. No one should be intimidated, as even with the VIN anomaly, the Canadian federal Register of Imported Vehicles (RIV) was quick to identify the issue, and accept CI's correction, on their end through several e-mails. Even though the trailer has yet to be plated or leave the garage, I'm working on some mods, both new and copied from this site, and will be posting in the appropriate UCI forum(s).

Steve