Greetings From Whidbey Island, Washington

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Dave & Karen, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Dave & Karen

Dave & Karen Newbie

Hello from Whidbey Island. We are Dave & Karen, and we'll be taking delivery of our new Raindrop in mid-October. We look forward to joining the Camp Inn family and benefitting from the wealth of experience that many of you possess.

This is our means of an introduction and a heart-felt thank you for the many informative and entertaining posts. We've gained many insights that have helped govern our decisions with our purchase.

We would here remiss if we didn't extend a thank you to Cary & Craig and the rest of the Camp-Inn team who are always happy to elucidate matters for us.

Look forward to seeing you on the road!

Regards,
    Dave and Karen

I've heard there is a "Bear" roaming around these parts.

2. Jack & Susan

Jack & Susan Newbie

Welcome Dave & Karen,

Congratulations on your soon-to-be Raindrop from one island to another, from soon-to-be owners to another: we're on Vashon and our Raindrop is in the works. We're looking forward to seeing build pictures, as I'm sure you are.

Waiting, waiting. And shopping. How's that going for you? We ordered a Northern Breeze yesterday . . .

Have fun!

Susan & Jack

Tom & Diana P likes this.
  3. Dave & Karen

Dave & Karen Newbie

Hi, Susan and Jack,
    Thanks for your reply, and congratulations to you too.

We've received 2 sets of build pictures and look forward to the next set as it makes the wait for RLX-INN that much easier.

The shopping is going well...from reading the forum to Amazon and REI websites! We purchased a sunshade from REI and we set it up right when it arrived. We liked it so much it stayed up for 2 months, having just taken it down when the 55 day dry spell came to an end! We are also looking at purchasing the Northern Breeze as it seems like a favorite of some of the Camp-Inn forum writers. I'm afraid that the shopping is going to go so well, we'll have to tow it with our HD F-250 instead of our Tundra!

We just recently looked at Yeti coolers, as they sound like they are well worth the $$$, and since we are planning a stop in Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons on our maiden trip back to the PNW, they qualify as a "bear proof" storage container.

We hope you don't have to wait too long for your Raindrop's completion. Have you named yours?

Cheers,
    D&K

4. Dave & Karen

Dave & Karen Newbie

Hi Jenn,
    Thanks for your Welcome message.
    A meet up would be fun, and would be very helpful and informative for Karen and I as we learn the "art" of teardrop camping.
    We will take delivery around the second week of Oct. and are planning on 7-12 days on our return to Whidbey. If it wouldn't be an inconvenience, it would be nice to meet up before our maiden trip...if you wouldn't mind fielding a bunch of "Newbie" questions.
    We will keep in touch with you. This my first time on any type of forum or social media so I'm not sure how to exchange any other contact information to set up a "meet up".
    We look forward to meeting you.

Cheers,
    Dave & Karen

5. Dave & Karen

Dave & Karen Newbie

Hi Don & Lee,
    Thanks for your reply, although we just caught a small part of your congratulatory message.
    Are you replying from Whidbey Island or the PNW area?

Regards,
    Dave & Karen

6. Don & Lee

Don & Lee Newbie

Hi Dave and Karen,
    Just wanted to welcome you to the Forum and congratulate you on your new Raindrop. We are new to the Forum too so I think I've sent things before they were ready. At any rate, we wanted to let you know that we are part-time Washington residents in Olympia and live in Oregon. We just purchased our 550 (used) in June and are getting ready to take our first real trip in it back to the Camp-Outt. We've also visited with Susan and Jack on here. Perhaps when you both get your trailers, everyone up here can pick a place to meet up. By the way, we ordered a Yeti today too. I see a message just came in from you so I must have sent something before intended. I'll close and go read it.
    Lee and Don

7. Dave & Karen

Dave & Karen Newbie

Hi Lee & Don,
    Thanks for reply.
    Congratulations with your 550! When are you heading to the CICO? Will you go to the plant during your trip? The only 2 Camp-Inn trailers we have seen were the 2 in the showroom in Necedah, the 550 and 560. After looking at the 550/560s for several years on the internet, then making a trip in April to talk to Cary, and a tour the plant, we decided on the 560, it just seemed the "right fit" for us after seeing them.

I recall reading your reply to Susan and Jack when they introduced themselves, explaining your division of time between Sisters and Olympia, both beautiful places. I've done some work in the Sisters area in the past, the most recent was in Sept of 2010.

We would really enjoy meeting you and camping with you and others in the near future.
    Our schedule gets a little tricky since I work overseas on a month on, month off schedule. Karen works a "normal" weekday 9 to 5 job, so we are looking forward to local weekend camping trips during my time at home. Hopefully some weekend trips will prepare us for more adventurous trips when we get more time on our hands.

It seems there is Quite a Camp-Inn community here in the PNW and we look forward to meeting up with you as well as the other campers in the area.

Cheers,
    Dave & Karen

8. Don & Lee

Don & Lee Newbie

9. Don & Lee

Don & Lee Newbie

Hi again,
    We are leaving for the CICO on the 2nd from Olympia. We are hoping to do the plant tour and see the other models while back there. We have only seen one other 550 and that was the one that got us hooked. It will be fun to see what the others look like.
    I think it would be fun to organize a gathering some place in Oregon or Washington next spring. We always have the problem of not being able to get over the mountains with a trailer in snowy weather. We really like the Oregon State Parks so perhaps that could be our destination.
    We're looking forward to meeting you and Karen, Susan and Jack, and Jenn. I do hope we can have a small gathering some time after you all get your new trailers.
    Lee and Don

10. Dave & Karen

Dave & Karen Newbie

Hi Don and Lee,
    Sorry about the late reply.
    Have Fun at the CICO, we look forward to joining in the CICO in the future.
    Enjoy the your visit to the plant; you'll see our 560 before we do! It should be in the last stages of construction as the completion should be in mid Sept. Tell Cary and the crew hello for us.
    A small gathering in the spring sounds like fun, we will look forward to it and meeting you.
    Safe Journeys to you!

Dave & Karen

11. Don & Lee

Don & Lee Newbie

We're planning to come to Olympia with our 550 next week (30th). We're staying there for a few days before we set off across country on the 3rd. Are any of you getting together during that time? If any of you are interested in meeting up, we'd be glad to have you all come down to Olympia on Friday evening for dinner at our condo. Let us know and we can plan it!

12. Dave & Karen

Dave & Karen Newbie

Hi Don & Lee,
    Thanks for the invitation. We'll have to take a rain check, but look forward to meeting up with you.
    Unfortunately, this is the same weekend that I depart for a month of work overseas. This last weekend at home is the time I'm running around, trying to get everything done that I was supposed to do during my four week break...honey-do's!
    Thanks again and have a safe trip!

Dave & Karen

13. Don & Lee

Don & Lee Newbie

Hi again,
    Sorry you can't make it this time. We'll have to do something like that later in the year. Jean couldn't make it at this time either. Everyone is trying to get ready to leave. We'll take a look at your 560 when we're there. Hope you have a good month and get your trailer when you get back.
    Lee

14. Dave & Karen

Dave & Karen Newbie

Hi Jenn,
    Karen and I enjoyed meeting you this evening. Thanks for the time you gave us and for the information and tips you passed on to us, they are very much appreciated.
    We look forward to camping with you!
    Safe journeys to you.

Cheers,
    Dave & Karen

Jenn likes this.
  15. Dave & Karen

Dave & Karen Newbie

Hey Bear,
    Karen and I are happy that you returned to the camp ground while we were visiting Jenn and Joan. It was nice meeting you.
    We appreciate the information you passed on to us, as well as sharing your stories with your experiences with storms.
    We look forward to seeing you on the road...maybe in Necedah in mid Oct when we come out to take delivery on our 560.
    Safe journeys to you!

Cheers,
    Dave and Karen

16. sniperJ

sniperJ Newbie

Howdy Dave & Karen. Your Raindrop delivery is getting closer. Have fun

17. Dave & Karen

Dave & Karen Newbie

Thanks sniper J.
    Just 8 days until we go through orientation and take delivery of #915.
    We are very excited to get on the road and head east for Necedah.
    I'm in Australia right now, departing for Home tomorrow, arriving on Friday. We get our tv together on Saturday and depart for Necedah on Sunday.
    It's all coming together so fast. We are so ready to start having some fun with camping in the Raindrop.

Regards,
    Dave & Karen

Tom & Diana P, Jenn and jfocallag like this.