Hello fellow Camp-Inners!!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by mcjimjam, Feb 17, 2010.

1. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

First off, thanks Evan, for starting this forum! We are looking forward to hearing about the experiences and ideas of fellow Camp-Inn owners. We are currently counting the minutes until we can make the trek to Wisconsin to pick up our new 550 Ultra, which was completed in December. We have spent the last 3 months researching, shopping, and accumulating all the extra amenities we think we'll need for our teardrop, which we have dubbed the "McNugit". Now all we need is the spring thaw, and we'll be on the road!

2. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Welcome! McNugit is a great name - perfect for a teardrop.
    I wouldn't be surprised if your trailer was in the shop when we picked ours up in late November. How far is the drive from VA, and how much time will you have?

3. mcjimjam

Thanks for the welcome, Evan! I'm sure McNugit was under construction, in the shop, when you picked up your raindrop. Without wanting to sound like a stalker, we actually followed the progress of your build on the T&TTT website, before Camp-Inn started sending us our own build pics!
    Our drive is just under 18 hours, not nearly as long as what you had, Evan. The only time constraint we have now, is how long we can leave my elderly, disabled father in the care of our sons, in our absence (and how long this gramma can last, before she misses her two adorable grandbabies too much!!!)! We'll be playing that by ear, as the time gets closer!

4. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

So if you wanted, you could do two nine hour days, 1 night in a hotel, and then relax and take your time the whole way back.
    (don't worry about the stalking, while waiting for our build we were reading everything google could turn up with the word 'Camp-inn' :)

Do you already have all your extra gear, or are you working on all that now? We'd love to help with recommendations if you need any!

5. mcjimjam

That's pretty much the plan. How quickly we return home all depends how things are going at home, with my father.
    That's funny about googling "Camp-Inn", we were the same way.....just couldn't get enough! That's what's so great about this forum, and the new Facebook page!
    I think we are done equipping, but I'm not sure how much we could recommend until we actually get to try everything out. In the meantime, we'll be watching with great interest what all of the other Camp-Inner's prefer!