Hello From N.ga

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Tony Meadows, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Tony Meadows

Tony Meadows Newbie

Tony
    Looking for my first and hopfully last teardrop to start our adventures. My companion Lea and I are owned by a Doberman named Jagger.
    Mindboggling how many drop brands there are.
    How do you choose?
    Want room for us and to hit the road soon.

Thinking of an Ultra with a sofa for Jagger.

Anyone want to comment on their ownership experiences with that model. Please...
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. JoeB-NW

JoeB-NW Novice

Tony, we have a 2 Australian Shepherds and 1 terrier mix. They all sleep in the trailer with us. The couch is a lifesaver! I can't imagine how packed it would be in a 550 without a couch. For most of the night, the 2 bigger dogs usually sleep on the couch, but once in awhile they will sneak down to the foot well area and sleep down there.
    We did a lot of research on different companies before we bought our trailer....and CampInn is hands down the best!
    Sadly, our family has grown even more in the last year and we are selling ours in order to get a larger trailer. I'm not going to say we're "upgrading", because it won't be as good as our 560 Ultra. We will miss it. But we hope that it finds a good family that will enjoy it.
    Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions. The CampInn Family is always more than happy to help!

3. Tony Meadows

Tony Meadows Newbie

Thank you, and I agree on an Ultra with A/C. Georgia is a little warm.

Any 560 owners in N GA that wouldnt mind me seeing their setup before ordering one, Please let me know.
    Thx, T

4. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Tony, contact Cary with Camp Inn. He can find someone close by for you to see their Teardrop. Not only are Camp Inns great Teardrops, the people there are even better!

5. I am in South Carolina in Anderson if you want to look at our 560 Ultra. We have loved ours and have done two cross country trips in it. AC in the South is a must. We can sleep three of us in there and two dogs. The dogs only go on local trips. As you have probably read from others here, the quality of of a Camp Inn is great. The customer service with Camp Inn is hard to beat too.

Things we like - we can tow with our Subaru Outback, the galley is very functional and easy to clean/maintain, care is easy, storage inside our CI and it is fun.

Negative (Sometimes ) - Everybody in the campground will want to talk you about it.

6. Tony Meadows

Tony Meadows Newbie

thank you. how far from Colombia. Were going to Charleston Thursday to pick up the dog from school.

7. Tony Meadows

Tony Meadows Newbie

Going thru your area Thursday am headed to Charleston.

May be going to Charlotte next week to see an Inka Hustler.
    Let me know what works for you.
    Thanks, T

8. Thursday would work for us. I am a teacher and start back to work on August 10. After that it would have to be in the evening or weekend.

9. Tony Meadows

Tony Meadows Newbie

If you can text me your address and phone # and Ill give you a ETA for tomrrow. I can swing by for a minute.
    678 296 1860
    isellcigars@bellsouth.net
    THX

10. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

We love our 560 and we are owned by a Catahoula Mix...normally these get to about 70lbs but ours is mixed with a smaller breed and weighs in at 50lbs. She sleeps on the sofa (usually) and there is plenty of room for her. It would easily fit a dobby without an issue.

As for the trailer, it is totally awesome. Very few things I would change on this trailer...some of which have been addressed by newer models (like USB ports for charging).