Hi y'all teardrop lovers! Issue w/elec. outlets

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by irishezs06, Sep 16, 2015.

1. irishezs06

irishezs06 Newbie

Hi there,
    I just picked up my lovely new lil "Irish Mist II" on Friday of last week. I purchased it from Michael and Deb in Kearney, NE.

I've read the manual and it advised to be sure the electrical power switch (big one under galley area in lower cabinet was turned ON ) check/done; then to reset the outside one to the right in the galley area. Check/done. The recept. for the voltage monitor is working; however, as soon as I plugged in an electric water tea pot the other day, the power went down immediately. The lights on the inside are working, again, as well as the fan.

Does anyone have any suggestions or does anyone believe the final step is to replace the appropriate fuses?

Would appreciate any help on this one :)

Best,
    Irishezs aka Maureen aka Mo
    (and Keatie)

2. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Maureen,

The AC electrical outlets require the trailer to be plugged into shore power to work. These outlets do not work from the battery, only the power port (cigarette lighter type) outlets work from the battery.

Cary

3. irishezs06

irishezs06 Newbie

Thanks much, Cary. Greatly appreciate it!.

Would it work with the generator on? I imagine so ....

M

4. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Maureen,

You bet it would. If you want to run Air conditioning you want one of those small 2000watt portable generators.

Cary