Update Home Sweet Home

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by Tour 931, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

My 560 Ultra is home and in the garage awaiting my first real outing. We might have an overnighter or two in the next few weeks but the inaugural trip will be in late January when we are planning a week trip down hwy 101 on the Oregon Coast. DSCN6130.JPG

Mark & Casandra and rgupnorth like this.
  2. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Bear, thanks for the offer. I think I will take you up on that offer at some point. Right now we are planning mostly overnighters and hitting all the junk stores along the way. Then just needing a place to park.

The main reason I like these small trailers is you can stop almost anywhere. But having a nice surrounding and knowing someone at the other end sure sounds good. And the word showers sure gets my attention.

Captain/dishwasher
    Tour 931

Jenn likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

About where on the island are you?

4. Freight Dog

Freight Dog Novice

How is towing a 560 behind an Outback? I have a 560 on order and a Outback 3.6i Touring. Hoping it will be a good tow vehicle.

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

We pulled ours with a 2012 outback 3.6 which had a tow capacity of 2700 if memory serves correctly. Our fuel economy went from ~27 to ~21. Even getting into and out of small gas stations is effortless. Highway...total non-issue even on windy days we were never bothered by it.

The only suggestion that I'd have is to be sure too a tranny cooler --- I doubt its really necessary --- but hot transmissions are a bad thing. Its a SMALL price to pay.

The only trouble I had was I'd forget it was there sometimes then look in the mirror and scare the @#$ out of myself.

Freight Dog and Cary Winch like this.