I Can't Take This Camper Anywhere...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glenn and Karen, Nov 16, 2016.

1. At the gas station, at the grocery store, at the Walmart, at the Target, ...

Them: Is that a camper?
    Me: Yes

Them: It's not big enough to sleep in comfortably.
    Me: Yes it is, with a full-sized queen bed. And it has a small kitchen.

Them: No way!
    Me: Yes way!

Them: It's too small.
    Me: (unlocking the doors and galley) Let me show you...

Them: That's amazing! The woodwork is beautiful! It looks so big on the inside! An air conditioner!? A heater!? A sink!? A stove!?
    Me: I've got to go now, or I'll never get there.

--Glenn

2. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

Or when driving down interstate and a car won't pass.you as they are taking pictures.....some what annoying . ...

PrairieVikings likes this.
  3. Towbert

Towbert Novice

When we are trying to get to our destination & short on time....

Them: Do you sleep in that thing?
    Me: No - It's for the dog.

Attached Files:

4. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We recently were flagged down by a passing motorist who asked us to stop so he could look at our 550. I gave him Camp Inn's website and told him we were short on time before they closed the gate to the Campground.

5. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Especially when it makes you come off cruise control going up a hill getting ready to pass a slow-moving semi...

6. dmaaron

dmaaron Newbie

We just got our 1st 2 nights in the bag over the past weekend and had the same conversation about 10 times.

My favorite was sure you can have a look... I am only enjoying my first cup of coffee for the day and haven't brushed my teeth yet. But hey, by all means take a look this things a beauty.

Larry Running and Jenn like this.
  7. Julie and I have given the same replies but now I add " wait till you see the downstairs with the billiard table." After all we named our teardrop Tina the Tardis cause she's bigger on the inside.

smitz and Jenn like this.
  8. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

You can also tell them that some of the units come with a washer and dryer. ;)

9. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Just be glad you aren't following behind one...the glare off the hatch is wicked. :)

jfocallag likes this.
  10. scoen

scoen Novice

Them: Gee, it looks small..

Me: It's a two room camper. Here's the bedroom. Room for us tall folk.

Them: Where's the second room?

Me: (Opening the galley) Here's the kitchen...

11. GhostOrchid

GhostOrchid Junior Ranger

In transit, I always carry a wad of brochures in the driver's door pocket of the TV. As I see a lookie-lou approach, I thrust one into their hand and say: "You should check out the website!" As they look down at the brochure in their hand, I say, "have a great day," and head out. At a campground, folks have always been understanding and willing to come back at a more convenient time for a fuller lookaround if we're busy.

12. Wild Robot

Wild Robot Newbie

It's especially weird when you are an introvert like me. I finally got used to it because I liked talking about the trailer, then I sold it and went to grad school in NYC. I really miss it and can't wait to finish school so I can rejoin the club a and start answering questions again!

#firstworldproblems :)

Tom & Diana P likes this.
  13. lorieandkeith

lorieandkeith Novice

Or, in Colorado, a police officer investigating when you are sleeping....

14. Neil Barr

Neil Barr Novice Donating Member

Hi Jonathan, The "Tipi" has gotten used to it's new name quite nicely. Trust grad school is going well. Just finished our third outing last weekend with the Liberty Bell Tear Jerkers group. We had 23 campers , one other Camp Inn #129.
    One camper could have been your twin, although a little older. Another city boy living in a high rise Apt. in a Alexandria, Va.. I am telling you it was uncanny. Still feeling our way along but enjoying our outings. Haven't wanted to add much to it thus far as it was outfitted so well thanks to you and the previous owner. Get lots of attention as you have experienced.
    Got a new TV. A GMC Canyon Diesel. 22 MPG avg on our last trip. Do you still have your Apt. in DC?

15. Wild Robot

Wild Robot Newbie

Hey Neil, that's great!

I've been investigating that diesel Canyon. I like it a lot. My twin is out camping somewhere, I hope he's having fun for the both of us. <chuckle>

First year of grad school finished! New York has been interesting and I plan to make the most of time there but I am moving out as soon as I graduate--hahaha Still have the place in DC so I can escape the Big Apple every few weeks.

Have fun getting the season underway!

Tom & Diana P likes this.