Inquiry Idaho/oregon Camp Inn Owners

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by Les Izmore, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

We wanted to let any Camp-Inn owners (or wannabe owners) who live in or near the Treasure Valley area (Boise, ID to Ontario, OR), or who might be passing through this area, that we will be camping in various places in this vicinity for the next three and a half weeks. We hoping that someone will have both the time and inclination to join us.

Currently we are in site B34 in Woodhead Campground on Brownlee Reservoir (just upstream from Hells Canyon, west of Cambridge, ID). Camping is $16 per night for power, showers and water, plus you get an extra $2 off per night if you are over 60. We will be here through Tuesday, April 4th.

We are due to have our van's roof top solar installation finalized next Friday, so after that happens we will be primitive camping to see how well that meets our power needs. We will likely be camping at Montour Campground (between Emmett and Horseshoe Bend), Succor (sounds like sucker) Creek State Park south of Nyssa, OR and possibly at Celebration Park (on the Snake River, due south of Caldwell, ID). Camping rates are $8, free and $5 per night, respectively. There is a three night max stay at Celebration Park.

Hopefully there will be some periods of nice weather during this time. Right now it's a great time to be out - everything is green for a change!

Tom & Diana P likes this.
  2. lorieandkeith

lorieandkeith Novice

I sure wish we could join you. I would love to talk to you. Your posts are really helpful and well thought out.

3. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

Thanks for the kudos. Our plans are to be driving through Iowa some time prior to July 22nd (we may or may not be in a hurry). Our plan from here is to tagteam bicycle to Columbia, MO. Then we will drive north to Bemidji, MN for a reunion with Alea's siblings. Our planned (bicycle) routes are on our blog, though I'm thinking I will post each segment on this forum, shortly before we tackle each of those stretches.

4. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

If you are going or be in Iowa in July, Youshould ride a segment or two of RAGBRAI!