Announcement I'm Expecting! (delivery Soon!)

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by Ladymc, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Of a brand spanking new (still at the factory, never shipped) 560 Ultra Raindrop that was for sale! Paperworks being done and will be complete within a few days, hopefully and delivery will be as soon as can be expected due to all the bad weather and some trucking issues. All prayers for a safe delivery are appreciated!

Now to getting "clothes" for the new baby! Please add anything you see that I'm forgetting and also where I can get some of these items and for how much. We do NOT plan on boondocking much. We currently live in our fifth wheel RV and will use the Raindrop to travel with, so I understand all the basics of camping/RVing needs. However to stock the Raindrop I will need:

Solar Panel (a necessity for where we plan on parking full time with it)
    Tent to back it into (Can't remember the name or price)
    Porta Potty - (not the incinerator type)
    Hot Water Heater (is it necessary and cost?)
    Collapsible storage containers
    Stainless steel paper towel holder (where to get it? & cost)
    Hitch & Brake on the minivan (cost?)
    Sham Wows for condensation (the diapers for the new baby!)
    Small coffee pot (2 cupper?)

No brainer things:
    Chairs, sheets, towels, dishes, etc.

2. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Congrats!

3. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Thanks Jean - it was almost 2 yrs. in the lurking, drooling, posting stage...like an elephant's pregnancy! We saw our 560 in Missouri, 5 hrs. from where we lived in Hot Springs, AR at the time. We left after seeing it in such a depressed state (because we knew it would be a while before we could get one!)

But once you see THE ONE, you know it's just right for you and nothing less will do!

4. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Linda,
    congratulations! We use the Eureka Screen Tent I do not remember what we paid for it but we love it. We do not use a water heater mostly camp where there are showers and when we need it put a pot of water on the stove and have boiling water in no time. I use a Metal French press for coffee works great and takes up very little space. How is your little sheltie doing? He/she will probably love your trailer. Bella looks longingly (like I do) when we go out in the garage and see the trailer sitting with 3 or more feet of snow just outside the door. The hill country of Texas will be fun to explore in your raindrop. We love going to the coast - Rockport, Goose Island, Aransas Pass, Port Aransas.
    Enjoy,

5. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Oh thanks Pat! Eureka! That's it!

Jack isn't so little anymore - he's a full grown Sheltie physically, but still a puppy inside! He's SO much fun to have around and yes, he's gonna LOVE the Raindrop! Question: Do you think he would like riding in the Raindrop with the fantastic fan open to get fresh air? It's sure to be very stable and he can lay up on the bed and be more comfortable than in the van with all the other stuff inside (we have fold down seats and plan on carryng everything there instead of inside the trailer.

Goose Island and Rockport are definately on the list as are so many other Texas destinations! Living in the San Antonio area we're right in the midst and thick of things in Texas and we have wonderful state parks! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! See ya at Goose Island someday?

6. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Linda,
    I work from home so my sheltie is a constant companion - I think she would freak out being alone in the trailer.

7. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Pat,
    I don't think Jack would freak - he travels extremely well and he's our 4th Sheltie and doesn't act like most Sheltie's - scared and skittish - I think if he had a window to look out of he'd be fine - with fresh air. Might give it a try, not sure yet.

8. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

oops, wanted to delete this but it would not let me.

9. Ahoy Mates!

Ahoy Mates! Novice

Congrats on the 560!! Still don't know when our 550 is going in the pipeline. Soon I hope! We can't go out till spring anyway but the wait is haed to endure.
    Dave