Issue with Dometic Fridge

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by Evan, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

I plugged our fridge in for the first time this year and the screen and buttons function normally, but the fridge does not actually run. It doesn't cool. No errors and battery is fully charged. Is this what happens when the fuse is blown, or does it sound like I have a bigger problem?

2. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

I am not sure. It does take some time before it kicks in and starts cooling. Did you wait long enough?

If you did wait, then it must be the fuse.

Careful changing the fuse. My recollection is, I tried to change it and the plug fell apart on me and I didn't have a good sense of how to reassemble it. But I may be wrong about that....

The NovaKool online support was very quick to answer my questions. <novakool@novakool.com>

Evan likes this.
  3. Evan

Thanks, Al. I gave it all day and it never kicked in. I'll check out the fuse tomorrow.

4. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

ugh, sorry to hear that.

Evan likes this.
  5. hiadventurer

hiadventurer Junior Ranger

Did you try it using the AC cord? I replaced the male end on my DC cord and mine works great now...

6. Evan

Yes. I checked the fuse and tried the AC cord. It seems to be running but it never cools. I'll see what Dometic has to say.

7. gregangsten

gregangsten Junior Ranger

Evan, we never heard what the verdict was on your fridge. Mine is just the same, runs but just gets hotter.

8. Evan

Dometic referred me to a local service center which was just a RV repair shop. The guy I talked to didn’t have a clue. He was supposed to do some research and get back to me, but he never did. I’ve been too busy to follow up on this, so for now our Dometic is just an expensive coolor.

9. Risart Brown

Risart Brown Newbie

Maybe there is a problem in the Ac cord. It will be better if you get a help from the service center.