Update It Really Started

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by Jim Carter, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Camper at home CU.jpg camper at home.jpg Camper at home CU.jpg camper at home.jpg Here we are at home

2. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

What sort of storage facility do you use? I couldn't find much commercial storage around Baltimore that would work but lucked out that a good friend has a large garage that she's renting out to me ($150/month). Ben

3. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Congratulations! Looks like you made it home, and either were lucky enough to time the travel between storms on dry roads, or did a nice job getting the road salt/grime cleaned off quickly. Enjoy!

4. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Love the pink flamingo.

5. Jim Carter

and here the FF is in Storage for the next month. FF In Storage.jpg

Mike_Kathi likes this.
  6. Jim Carter

Han
    dben

I found a local self storage facility that rented me a 10 by 20 space for $102/ month. No electricity so in the winter the battery will need to come out and I'll have to get the tires off the concrete.

7. Ben

Without a sink, I don't really have to winterize mine however I haven't thought about the tires. Why do they need to come up off the concrete? Thanks. Ben

8. Jim Carter

Ben, I cannot seem to find where I saw that one should lift the tires off of cold concrete. But the basic point was that it would potentially wear out or dry rot the tires sooner due to moisture coming up through the floor and sitting in one spot for an extended period.

Ben likes this.
  9. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

10. Ben

I wonder if topping it off once a month or so with a portable "solar generator" would do the trick. I think it's a bit misleading calling it a "generator" (really just a fancy lithium battery with 120 converter) but might serve well for this purpose. I bought this one last summer along with a 100 watt panel mostly just to keep all of my electronics charged while camping but it was also useful recently when the nor'easter knocked out our power. I don't rely too heavily on my house battery (mostly just the fantastic fan and minimal usage of the lights) but it could also serve to recharge the house battery while boon-docking in the shade, assuming you can find at least a sliver of sun to place the panels to recharge the "generator". Amazon.com: Suaoki 400Wh/120,000mAh Portable Solar Generator Lithium ion Power Source Power Supply with Quiet 300W DC/AC Inverter, 12V Car, DC/AC/USB Outputs, Charged by Solar Panel/AC Outlet/Cars: Garden & Outdoor

11. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It looks lonely.

12. Jim Carter

I am planning on adding some shelves so I can give it the companionship of cast iron pots :D

13. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

May I also suggest a few Don Featherstone pink flamingos?

Jim Carter likes this.
  14. Jim Carter

We made it between storms.