Jambalaya Recipie?

Discussion in 'Main Dishes' started by Randy, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Anyone have a good Jambalaya recipie?

2. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

Hi Randy
    My recipe is pretty simple
    I use a box of Tony Chacery (sp?) jambalaya mix, add can of rotell tomatoes with green chili and cilantro. Add one handful of rice ( I I feel the mix is a little salty), add one lb hillshire farm smoked sausage cut up, half to full diced onion (depends how much onion you like). Cook as directed. I did add a little more water for the extra rice, otherwise the liquid in the rotell tomatoes is enough. About 5 minutes before its done, I add half pound of cleaned raw shrimp. This keeps them from being rubbery. When they are pink, they're done. Makes enough for 4. Tastes even better the next day. Can add fresh cilantro if you like at the end and serve with chalua sauce if someone wants it spicier.
    Hope this helps.
    Gina

3. Randy

4. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

An on-the-road recipe or at home? Huge difference. For on the road, Gina's looks real good. Might try it myself, soon.

Of course, you can do what I like, make it, freeze it and heat up two days down the road and just add the fresh seafood then. Hhhhmmmmm.....Jambalaya and a distant sunset sounds great.

Now, where did I put that recipe.....?

Camp on,

Sue

5. Randy

On the road! Heading out Friday, going to try the epicurious recipie with my Dutch oven on the stove top. I'll report back! Great idea to make it ahead and freeze it! Sue!

Randy