Jim H & Sue Z - 25,000 filing

Discussion in '25,000 Miles' started by Jim49, May 29, 2013.

1. Jim49

Jim49 Novice

This is an addition to our 100 days filing. For a complete history of our camping go to the 100 days area.

Its Memorial Day weekend 2013 and we are starting another camping season with one of our favorite camping trips to Glenn Ellis Campground Glenn New Hampshire. Friday is a windy wet day and we got more of the same on Saturday as well. Typically we do a lot more driving around but with half of the days being rainouts we spent more time in camp. Our site at the campground is a site we reserve on an annual basis for its river front view we get. Sunday and Monday are bright sunny days with a little bit of wind. The only bad thing was leaving Tuesday morning.

The photos are of our typical camp setup. The bear is our friend who is always with us when camping. He greets any visitors that happen to drop by for a visit and to look at our little camper. The next photo is the view towards the Saco river plus the views up and down the river. The next few picture our some of the local waterfalls.

2013 Nights Miles
    Glenn Ellis 4 467.8

Total Miles 25143.7

2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Hmm... I'm missing something here. I want to see the photos, but they are all "Thumbnail" size.

I copied/pasted the Full version, same thing... it shouldn't be this hard and I guess i don't understand the small/med/large links.. Do I need to go somewhere else or is there a button I check to see the larger images... looks like fun...heheh... I guess??

Only option was to increase the browser/webpage to larger but then the photos blur.. any thoughts?? would be appreciated..
    thanks
    frank

3. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

gorgeous! thanks for sharing

4. same here—I run into this with several pics so starting to think it's me:) or us...

5. Jim49

Jim49 Novice

These photos were too large to be stored in the original format from a Nikon D90. So I resized them to 125 x 83 pixels in order to transfer them.. The long pixel size was 3216

6. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Great pictures and story wow 25,000 miles

7. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Sounds like a great trip, and a great spot to camp. You could probably get away with resizing them to have the long edge be about 800 pixels - big enough for decent viewing but not too big file size-wise.

8. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Right on the money, Ken.

9. Jim49

Jim49 Novice

Photos have been reposted at 800 x 600.

10. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Very nice! Looks like a wonderful area to visit.

11. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Hey that is my kind a bear!

12. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Beautiful site. Looks a lot like the Eel river in Humboldt County, upper Calif.- except for the trees. Redwoods along the Eel. Bet that place is gorgeous in the Fall.

Like the bear...

Camp On,

Sue