Johnson-Sauk Trail SP

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by Ken & Peggy, May 2, 2013.

1. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

A few pics from last weekend's trip (and 1 from our first visit) - a test to see if I can actually upload images. :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Looks like you figured it out! Great pictures.

3. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Ken,

Love the last picture.
    What could it be?
    minnature camera under a giant mushroom?

4. 1Door

1Door Novice

Oh good....I'm so glad you put some photos on the "featured" page!! I love that one of the interior of the round barn! It would have been great to have them guess at what it is! Did I give it away??

5. Ken & Peggy

thanks

Kathy & Bob, I swear I did the same thing that I tried last time, when it wouldn't upload. But, oh well, it worked now!

Jean, it DOES look like the underside of a mushroom - but it's the inside of the barn, looking up!

6. Ken & Peggy

I think that would have been tough to guess, but maybe not... I don't actually know how pictures make it to the 'Featured Photo' spot - I always assumed they got put there automatically. I'm sure Evan knows...

7. David Olson

David Olson Novice

That is a nice park. Right in our neck of the woods.
    That barn is a real marvel.
    Many years ago before they renovated it, it was open all the time and we would go in it and climb all over inside it. You can really appreciate the size of it when you are up top.
    The park is so close to home we have only camped there one time, but always ride the motorcycle through when we pass by.

8. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

It has to be a really, really good picture - then it automatically goes on the featured photo page. (Alternately, the last uploaded photo also goes there...)
    I have no say - it's up to HAL.

9. David Olson

David Olson Novice

Ken and Peggy,
    Is the covered bridge at Princeton?

10. Ken & Peggy

That would be pretty hairy, climbing to the top of this barn. I don't know if I'd make it all the way up.
    We're trying to hit some of the closer-in campgrounds lately since we've always overlooked them in the past.
    Another park we'd like to try soon is Kickapoo, near Danville. Sounds nice, but could be a bit too close to U of I, we'll see.

11. Ken & Peggy

Evan, I KNEW it was the picture quality that got it featured!

12. Ken & Peggy

Oly, yes, the bridge is about a mile north of 80 on 26. Then left towards Warnecke Woods. I think there may have been a sign for it on 26, too.