king bed

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by Brian MT, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Brian MT

Brian MT Newbie

With all the option I'm surprised there is no king bed option. A little more room for when little ones want in in the middle of the night.

2. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

That would put it really, really wide. They do have the 560 which has a couch/bunk bed set up so kids could sleep on the bunk beds.

I have the 560 and you can see the bunk bed in one of the video's I posted on youtube. Check out the side entrance tent and I sorta show the bunk bed set up.

My main video shows the couch set up but there is a still image in the video that has the bunk beds as well.

https://youtu.be/dvbsJDDaYKg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  3. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

One other thing you need to consider when you are talking about trailer width is how it trails behind the the TV (tow vehicle). The 5' wide trailer is ideal for most TV's.

If your looking for space for young kids - the 560 has that in mind.

4. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Brian and Kristie,

That is a popular question actually. One that both Jay and Bob answered correctly. The main reason this question comes up so often is one of our other teardrop builder friends builds a 6' wide unit. This is basically what you are asking too.

The typical tow vehicles we see here is going to be limited to a 5' due to the legal requirements of viewing range with the side mirrors of the tow vehicles. Some will handle a 5'6" trailer OK, but even that is shortening up the viable tow vehicle list notably. Once you get to a 6' trailer you are limited to full size trucks and vans only. Yes, we have some customers using vehicles like this but it is too small a percentage. When you look at pictures of 6' wide trailers notice they are typically connected to a full sized truck. There is an application where this works so is a viable product for a company selling trailers in a different demographic. It does not mesh up with the tow vehicle demographic we see with our trailers though. This makes it something we cannot consider.

Cary

5. Brian MT

Brian MT Newbie

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I'm still sad about it. I'm not sure about it's too small of a group to build for with every camp inn built to order, but design I full agree. Again very sad but I look forward to when I finally buy my camp inn.

Thanks again

6. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

Cary: How about a pop-out (shudder - only kidding!).

7. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Your killing me Ted, LOL!!!

Cary

KarenBee likes this.
  8. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  9. Brian MT

Brian MT Newbie

Sherry,

Very cute.... but I'll stick with camp inn. If your going to do something do it right.

10. Brian MT

Brian MT Newbie

Spending a week on the Oregon coast with the four kids and I'm still thinking a king would be a great option.

Most night it's just the two of us and the baby with the older ones in a tent.... but when something goes bump in the night things get really crowded quick.

Still wishing!!!!

11. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

How about trying a side tent and leaving your door open during those scary times. Though a king bed would be nice I wouldn't relish the idea of four young ones in bed with me. I would get no sleep and it would be hard to enjoy the awake times. In my view it would take more than a king sized bed to hold six people for sleeping.

12. Brian MT

Brian MT Newbie

Just two little ones and two older ones. Its our four year old who crawls into bed at o dark thirty. Plus I would like a little more stretch out room in general.

But when I had the option between a little guy king and a camp inn queen I made the right choice. Still think it would be a great option.

13. Brian MT

Brian MT Newbie

We went out for our first outing of the season with our two year old. I still think a king bed version would be great. One can dream at night while their baby kicks them in the head all night. Lol

14. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

There is no doubt about it. A king sized bed would be wonderful even for two people without the little ones. It might help solve the problem of wider tow vehicles throwing water through the window vents too. If you had a king bed though the wheels would make the trailer close to 8 feet wide. I don't like that idea at all. I like being able to get into those tight places and narrow roads without worrying about a wheel going off the shoulder. I'm single so I have plenty of room.

15. Brian MT

Brian MT Newbie

Good point on getting closer to 8' wide. I wonder if a middle road answer would work better. 5.5' wide. 3" wider on each side wouldn't hurt and a full width bed would help. My queen bed is 60 inches wide the interior would be 64ish inches after the 3/4" walls. I think that difference could be made easily. Over sized mattress or even some form of low blocking. To keep anything from shifting.

For those purest please be kind. I'm only talking and my plan isn't for a 36' fifth wheel dear drop. Lol

16. GinaNBob

GinaNBob Novice

This is why a 560 is so nice. The couch can convert to bunks.

17. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

I'm pitching in with the others - get the 560 with the bunk beds for your little ones. The four year old will still climb in with you 'cause that's what they do (and sleep sideways, shoving those sharp little toes into somebody's ribs). Besides, why would you really want a king size? As Jim would say, "There's too much room. I'd spend half the night chasing you down!"

Gotta love that guy.

Camp On,

Sue (sore ribs)

18. Theresa

Theresa Novice

If you're wanting more space, perhaps you need more than a teardrop?