Lake Perris California

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by eileenpaine, Mar 22, 2010.

1. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

[​IMG]
    Eastmans (#33) and Paines (#322)

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Eileen,
    Looks like you all had some fun. I just set up our new side tent for the 1st time, in the driveway, the other day, and wonder how you anchored yours so well in the parking lot?
    Thanks,
    Ken

3. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

We use 4 bricks - one in each corner inside the tent. The Eastman's put theirs in socks, I make covers from old fleece material. The bricks live in the storage cubby. The Eastmans Also have made a pvc pipe pipe square (collapsible) that fits the bottom of the tent to help keep it squared and taunt. The first time or 2 we set up the tent it was not so good looking. But practice makes perfect!

4. Ken & Peggy

Thanks Eileen. I also used 4 bricks, but when the wind blew it was enough to move the bricks. How big are your bricks? :confused:

Ken

5. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Try using 4 empty 1 gallon water bottles no weight till you fill them up with water when you need them then dump the water when your done!

Anna&Steve :)
    550 Classic # 269

6. Ken & Peggy

Anna&Steve, that's an excellent suggestion. I used the bricks since I was setting it up, for the 1st time, in our concrete driveway. I don't think we'd ever use it where we couldn't stake it down - but if we do, that will be the answer.

Ken & Peggy

7. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Ken&Peggy

Most places the ground is too hard to put in stakes with any ease so we use the water bottles all the time why sweat if you don't have to!

Anna&Steve :)
    550 Classic #269

8. Kent Kanipe

Kent Kanipe Novice

We bought used 10 lbs. weights at a sports equipment store. The kind that slide on to a bar. The tent stake loop feeds through the center hole of the weight, insert a small peg through the loop so it cannot pull back through and you are again set up.....

Of course you have to carry the weights around, heavy, but flat and easy to tuck away somewhere.

Kent

9. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

We use just regular old bricks -put cloth covers. Skip and Diane made a PVC square they plunk on the bottom of the tent that helps it keep its shape. I'm thinking of trying that too.

Eileen