Leak Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by skeenut, Jun 15, 2014.

1. skeenut

skeenut Novice

Anyone have a leak into the cabin diagnosed and repaired that was from the AC area?

In our last rains, I mean heavy rains, a wet spot developed in the foot area of our bed. There was a small drip that was coming down the wall from behind the overflow drain pan exit hose. The hose itself didn't appear to have any moisture in it.

The AC was replaced by Campinn in Necedah a week or so ago under the original owner's warranty. Can't help but think there's a connection...but what to check?

I'll be enlisting Cary/Craig's help on this. Just wondering it it has been covered already by someone in here. My searches on, "leak," hasn't turned up anything yet.

Ideas and opinions welcome.
    [​IMG][/img]

2. Chuckwagon

Chuckwagon Junior Ranger

Any follow-up on your leak issue? I thought that we were supposed to spray water in the a/c vents to make sure the a/c drain is clear. I washed my 560 today and ended up with wet bedding near the foot of the bed and saw some drips on the black part of the a/c tubing inside the cabin cabinet. I'm not sure if I have a problem or not....

3. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

When washing the CI 550 with AC...
    I'm pretty sure we are supposed to spray from the side when washing the teardrop, not directly into the AC vent. That's what I recall from our orientation when picking up our 550.

4. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

Had a torrential rain last night, and experienced the same drip at the feet. My drain was part of the problem as there was standing water in it. The rest likely from direct rain and high wind blowing into the A/C area. Any recommendations for clearing the drain?

5. KarenBee

KarenBee Novice

I wanted to see if there ever was a resolution to this issue for you. Hope so!

6. SethB

SethB Ranger

7. Vince G

Vince G Novice

I would call Cary to help. When I bought mine used there was a leak. It could have assumed it was from AC but it was the hinge area of galley. To clean ac drain i have blown compressed air from under the camper. There is a pipe by the tire.

KarenBee likes this.