LED Tail Lights Available

Discussion in 'Official Camp-Inn Area' started by Betsey, May 26, 2010.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

For everyone who has been asking about LED Tail lights for your trailer...

We now have them available at our online store. Get a pair for $29.90!

We are making LED Tail lights standard on Ultra Models starting this month.

:cool:

2. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Is it an easy swap?

3. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Should be fairly easy...the hardest part is getting the old ones out. Both Kent & Ken changed theirs out (prior to the instructions being put on the website). They could give a better idea of how easy it is.

:cool:

4. Kent Kanipe

Kent Kanipe Novice

Install is a piece of cake....chocolate cake at that! I simply inserted a screw driver between the gasket and the light. A couple of easy does it prys and out pops the sealed lens. Unplug that and plug-in the LED sealed unit. A simple push to reinsert the light and you are complete. The hard part is watching thse beauties shine while driving. At least the other guy can't miss them.....

Kent

5. BobB

BobB Novice

Kent,
    Thanks for the install report. In your opinion is there a big difference in brightness/safety factor?

6. Kent Kanipe

Kent Kanipe Novice

Bob,

There is just no accounting what people see or don't see. When I see LED's (on trucks and new cars mostly)I am very impressed with how bright they are. My belief is that the safety factor increases. Like many things with a Camp-Inn there is an ever present "cool" factor, however, I pushed the change after someone almost rear ended me.

Kent

7. BobB

BobB Novice

Kent,
    Thanks for the reply. I don't know that I've ever seen LED auto lights.

We've only had our trailer now for about a just under 2 weeks, so it's hard to think about spending money on upgrades already. Safety reasons are another matter, however. Going to give this more thought.
    Thanks again,

8. Evan

Bob, get used to spending money on your trailer. :)
    Every time we take it out we think of something we 'have' to have.

9. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

Kent,
    i concur, it is easy as chocolate cake! I decided not to wait for Tim to get home to install them.

Spent the last hour doing the dismantle for the backsplash and new faucet. Removing the silicone is tedious and I managed to remove the faucet without cutting off a finger. I think I shall wait for Tim's expertise in installing the backsplash.

Eileen

10. Evan

I just found my box with the LED tail lights that Betsey brought to IRG. I pried the old ones out with my fingers.

I replaced just one of the lights and then took this photo to show the difference.
    Both new brake lights are shown in the second photo.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. JimandSheri

JimandSheri Newbie

With regards to this wonderful LED lighting...has anyone seen the lights on during the day while parked and NOT hooked up to electricity (a haunting I called it). our right one was on two out three days this past weekend. I have a picture but have not figured out how to upload here.

12. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

Now Camp Inn needs to sell a kit for a high light that is tied to the brake and turn signals that are LED lights. I may purchase one from an online store and install it. It would mount easily on the back of the air conditioner vent.

Dave

13. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

ours did that, too. campinn had to change some wiring - I think it had to do with grounding correctly...

14. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016