Update L'escargot Is Home...

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by scoen, Dec 6, 2015.

1. scoen

scoen Novice

After a whirlwind three day, 1190 mile round trip from Columbus Ohio to Necedah and back, l'escargot (out new 550 Teardrop) is home. With our 2001 Honda Odyssey we averaged just over 23mpg, and the 550 towed beautifully. A quick trip, but we had time to check out the Wauwatosa Curling Club and sample some excellent Wisconsin craft beers with friends in Milwaukee. The Camp Inn factory tour and intro to life with our new Teardrop was very will done!

2. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

Mild weather of late should have made your trip tolerable versus what we normally have this time of the year.

Enjoy your new TD.

Bob

3. scoen

scoen Novice

Yes, a beautiful trip. Warm and clear roads.

I grew up in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan...

4. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Congratulations on your new CampInn! Glad to hear you had good weather and a nice whirlwind trip. Was your camper wrapped from the factory or did you stay in it on the way home? My 12 year old son & I have had fun doing a lot of "garage camping" this winter, but I sure am ready to get out for real! It's 74 glorious degrees here in north Texas this afternoon & I'm so tempted to hook up the camper and take off for the weekend.....but I really need to stay put so my DH will get the rear hatch/latch replaced on my tow vehicle tomorrow like he's planned to.

5. Congratulations! You will love it. We can't wait for spring so we can get back out in ours down here in SC.

6. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

Congrats! Happy and excited for ya'll!! How long is the factory tour and orientation? We pick up our CI in April.

Thanks,

7. birder526

birder526 Novice

Sandy and Florence

Congrats on your new teardrop! Happy and fun adventures ahead of you! Hope to meet along the way!

8. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Congrats you won't regret it, you will just love it, happy camping

9. Our tour of the factory/orientation of our 560 was several hours. We went to lunch in the middle of it and then came back to finish up. It was very detailed and worth it. I would recommend the corned beef hash at the Little Crane for breakfast in Necedah the day you pick up your Camp Inn. Cary can give you some other recommendations for places to it.

10. Doug & Amber

Thanks Warren & Me, good info about the orientation.

11. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Congrats - another happy camper! I agree, the factory orientation is an absolute must for new owners. So much great info and Cary makes it fun. Now you have her and the great adventure begins!

Keep in touch with us on the forum and share the joy.

Love the name.

Camp On,

Sue and Jim

12. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

A small nitpick: I think it could discourage a future buyer to say that the factory tour is a "must." I know that you meant to express that the factory tour is a wonderful thing, but someone might think you meant that it is "mandatory," and it really is not. We did not do the factory tour as we could not make it work. I would have loved to have met the crew who built our TD, but I feel perfectly competent to own the TD even without the tour. Again, just a nitpick!! I just wouldn't want anyone to be discouraged from buying because they can't get to the factory easily. We STILL plan to get to the factory on one of our longer trips, and will even make a big detour, if needed, to get there, some day.

-Al

13. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

These teardrops are sooooooo hot, not a single thing I say could ever discourage anyone from buying them.

And the tour is an absolute, joyous "must", just as some films are a "must see" - you won't be shot for not doing it, but if you're in the neighborhood...why not?

Sue

14. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

:)

I'm working on not being so pedantic, but it's a struggle!!

:D

15. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

I'm so glad for Google (since I sent all the dictionaries to college with the 2 kids); otherwise I'd have no idea exactly what you were calling yourself, Al. You really can learn something new every day.

16. Doug & Amber

I just learned a new word too!

17. trishanne

trishanne Newbie

I agree-- fantastic name for a teardrop!
    I have a Honda Odyssey 04 and will be driving to Necedah in early May to pick up a trailer. I have not yet had towing hardware installed on my van so my question is-- where did you get yours, what exactly was installed and who installed it. Any info would be much appreciated as I have never towed anything! Thanks! Trish