Licensing in Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jim Carter, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I was a bit put out when the first place I went said (as Cary predicts they often do) that the MDO needs to have a notary seal. Clearly no discussion was going to sway this official since she was comparing it to trailers purchased at Lowe's.

So to follow Cary's advice I found another licensing agency. And voila! ten minutes max and we had a plate. All because the guy did all sorts of trailers often.

Also, Pennsylvania lets you register your trailer for 5 years @ $6.00/year. I got all over that.

Tom & Diana P likes this.
  2. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I love a story with a happy ending.

3. Thanks for posting this! We just picked ours up on Friday - signed the wall right next to you! We are going to find a notary on Friday.

4. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Do o have to be a resident of pa in order to register a trailer,:):) it cost 50 a year in nys

Tom & Diana P and Jim Carter like this.
  5. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I would assume you must be a PA resident but I have no real data on this :)

mariusz likes this.
  6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

In Washington State you must register it here if the car/truck/boat/trailer is here for more than 6 months. So while I might be able to register it elsewhere I'm still stuck with registering it here.

7. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

You do not have to be a resident of Maine to license your trailer there. Five years ago it cost $26 for two years. Perhaps it’s an option worth looking into.