Lit'l Guy Truck Camper - Camp Inn next?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fpoole, Jun 12, 2015.

1. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Just a fun FYI here.

Little Guy TD has come out with their version of a "TC" (Truck Camper"..

Mannn, if Camp Inn could only do it.. heheh, just having fun here..

Little Guy Cirrus TC

[​IMG]

fun...

2. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

Thanks for sharing, Frank.

Do you think it's an alternative to the Arctic Fox?

3. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Nope, while it has a few good ideas, it's, I dunno, not my style... too European I guess and a level or two in "stuff" below the fox.. Just interesting that they made the jump from TD to TC.

I probably couldn't afford it if Camp Inn did one due to the quality etc. heheh.. just thought it would be interesting

Here's vid on it..

4. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

Interesting indeed.

What if the standard of quality and workmanship were that of CI throughout the manufacturing industries? Major appliances would last 20+ years again.
    Sigh...., I don't need to go down that path.

Thanks for sharing, Frank.

Deb

5. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Agreed, Lil guy just did not have the quality in their trailers so I doubt they would have the quality in their Camper.

6. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Not a chance they'd ever match Camp Inn. Never. Lil guy is massed produced with all that cheep plastic and vinyl and I don't know what.

Camp Inn is made with love.

Sue

7. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

...and thanks for sharing, Frank. Love hearing your "heheh".

Sue

8. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Cheap materials put together by high school dropouts. I bought a Five Wide Platform and had to modify it just to use it. The wiring in the cabinets went directly point to point taking the shortest distance. Yes some idiot did that on mine. I had to tear the wiring out and reroute it along the sides and edges to be able to use the space inside the cabinets.

9. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

We looked at several Little Guy Trailers, but what swayed us away from them was seeing several after a few years of use. The quality of Little Guy is low in our opinion.

Tour 931 likes this.
  10. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

To be fair to Little Guy I would like to point out I only paid $4,500 for it and in ten years I spend about a thousand nights in it.

11. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

If you look at it by cost/night that's much better than I've done with my old tents. When I think about $/night with my camp-inn, it is motivating to get the denominator up and improve that ratio. I'm not sure even Bear would have achieved that cost effective usage of his teardrop.

12. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It is especially cost effective because as a Disabled Veteran I get to stay in Washington State Parks for free. When I'm on the road I stay in rest areas, truck stops and even a Walmart or two. I'm what you call "cheap".