Lunar Eclipse

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ghaynes, Dec 11, 2011.

1. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

Yesterday morning was a total Lunar eclipse. It was best seen here in the western part of the country so Bear probably got an awesome view sitting on the beach on Whidbey.

Thought I would share the image that I am going to sell this year. For the technical photo buffs I shoot with a 39M pixel Hasselblad. Total image size after processing is about 80mb. This will end up being a 20x60 print.

The tall peak is Longs Peak which is just south of Rocky Mountain national park.

So Jenn, Bear and any others did you grab a shot you can share? I read the event won't be viewable again in North America until sometime in 2014.

[​IMG]

2. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

It was so foggy here, we couldn't even tell the moon was out! This is the first I am seeing it. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Wow! Great shot Gary. Were you in Erie for the shot?

4. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

Ken, yes here at home. One reason I am buying a CI is that I had a spot that might have been better but sleeping in the car or tent with overnite lows at 16 last night just doesn't have the appeal it used to. :/. So I went out on my back deck where I have a pretty unobstructed view.

5. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Beautiful back yard! Nice shot! Thanks for sharing.

6. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

I read about tomorrow's upcoming eclipse on Saturday morning. Then I noticed the date on the article... :(

7. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

Evan what kind of weather did you have yesterday morning? Usually getting into the cloudy season in the Seattle area this time of year. Would be a great shot to go east of Mt Hood and find a spot to shoot from.

8. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Gary,
    beautiful pic must have been awesome to see.

9. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Reminds one of Moonrise...
    [​IMG]

10. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

We were stuck in McMinnville, Oregon and all we saw was freezing fog-all day and all night. Rats.

Jim and Sue