Mail while on the road

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kVox42, Sep 21, 2015.

1. kVox42

kVox42 Newbie

I'm going to be on the road for several months and maybe longer. I'm wondering if you long term road warriors have a system you prefer to use to get your mail forwarded to you at various pickup points along the way? I will have a fairly unpredictable route (by design) so I need to figure out an option that makes sense.

Kevin
    Raleigh, NC

2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Heyya Kevin,

I just saw your post and thought this might help. I'm going 'full time' hopefully at end of month and use a Mail forwarding place in South Dakota, My Dakota Address

The idea being, all mail goes there and then I let them know where and when to send it to Gen Delivery or campgrounds I might be staying at. While they are geared to full timers, help with registrations, voting, driver's licenses etc, they can, I believe do just the mail thing.

There are apx 3 states that are "Full timer Friendly", TX, FL and SD.

Of course a UPS store will work too, but expensive..

hope that helps.. have a good trip with your travels..

fun..

3. Peg

Peg Novice

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  4. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Yes, lots around doing various services from just forwarding mail to scanning/emailing, opening, sorting...

A quick search for full time rv mail services and you can pick and choose what will fit best...

fun..

5. birder526

birder526 Novice

Kevin, we are full-time teardroppers and joined Escapees RV Club out of Livingston Texas. They offer a great mail service. We call them whenever we want our mail and it goes out pronto. They will mail to post office general delivery or to any addresses you provide. Has worked out really well for us. Any questions about this, just let me know!

6. kVox42

kVox42 Newbie

Thanks everyone. These are great resources to check out to find the best option for me. Appreciate the help.