CO National Park More Field Mesa Verde Np

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Warren Mary Ellen, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Camped two nights here. Most of the campground is first come, first served. There are a small number that are reservable, but was only half filled the last few days of June. We were on the Loop called Hopi Road. This campground is run by Aramark not the Park Service. It was okay and I would camp here again, but I usually find they are not as well kept. The sites need more gravel. We had thunderstorms both days and the lack of gravel made it muddier than it should have been. The grass needs cutting too. Bathrooms have running water but the door with the laundry sink in it was locked. Drinking water is available in front of the bathroom. At either of the dump stations you can fill your fresh water tank. Nearby at the Campstore you will find complimentary showers and laundry, a snack bar, and a gas station. Some shady sights but a lot of fully exposed sights also. Prices are high at the store so I would only use it for emergencies.

Loved the park, toured the cliff dwellings at Cliff Palace and Balcony House. Get tickets for the tours at the Visitor Center or the Museum in the park. If you are there in the summer, do Cliff Palace in the morning for shade and Balcony House in the afternoon for the same reason.