OR State Park Nahalem Bay State Park (Manzanita)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Mick'nSarah, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I know Jenn did a review of Nahalem Bay State Park, but not sure if that was under her adventures thread or if I am missing it. We stayed here over the summer with the Lad's school and did a weekend there. It helped my re-entry into society after a few weeks on the road.

The campground is nice and clean, spots are spread out, but not overly private (at least were we were). No beach front either, but a quick walk over the dune provides you access to a really gorgeous stretch of beach. It is a mile from the nearest town, so each night we rode our bikes into Manzanita for ice cream. There is a nice bay for paddling as well and fishing!

Read my full review here:
    http://havekidwillteardrop.wordpre...d-review-nahalem-bay-state-park-manzanita-or/

Pictures were taken in July, and this is what summer at our coast can look like. It was windy and chilly as well. Bring layers! 2 days later it was all blue skies and warm!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Yah, I stayed there back in 09 with a few other TDs, Mar and the 560 lady with the rescue dogs... sorry, forgot her name.

It was funny as we didn't make RSVP as they were all booked, but when arrived, we were the ONLY ones in the Non-RSVP section... raccoon though 4-5 in one tree... nice beach, a bit of a walk over the dunes which is probably a good thing when the winds really pick up...
    nice...