Neat article

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cary Winch, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

A customer shared this one.

Cary
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]

2. birder526

birder526 Novice

Creative use of a teardrop! You have all sorts of markets out there for your trailers!

3. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Oh, sweet!

Got a thought here. Usually, the honeymoon (getaway) vehicle trails shoes and such behind it. Wonder what would trail behind a trailer....?

That question is wide open, not to mention loaded, folks. Lets have at it!

Sue

4. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  5. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

Forwarded this to our son, who is getting married in October.
    Told him he could save lots of money on the wedding since we already have a very nice teardrop.

6. GhostOrchid

GhostOrchid Junior Ranger

Cary-

Gorgeous pics of the 170B and the parasol Deuce, too!!

7. Cary Winch

David,

Thanks! I figured some of you would peruse my photobucket pictures while at it. That isn't my 170 in the picts though. That is my old 140 I used to own. It was my inspiration to find a 170B. I liked the plane so much but really needed something with a higher payload so I stayed in the family lineage. My 170B is not near as nice looking however, it lead a rather colorful life before I owned it. I really need to invest in an interior and paint. I haven't even done any photography of it yet.

Here is a great photo showing the family lineage. This is at a small fly-in at my dad's private strip. At the far end is my Dad's Piper Tr-Pacer, then is my old 140, followed by our buddy Dale's 170B (white and brown) and followed by our buddy Joe's 180 (white and orange). You can see in this picture that the 170 and 180 models are notably larger than the little 140 even though they look nearly identical. The final plane in that row is our friend Merril's Stearman.

[​IMG]

Cary

8. GhostOrchid

GhostOrchid Junior Ranger

Sweet!

Shoulda known better on the 140. The wing struts and empennage didn't look right for a 170B. But, you know, as a Beech guy, all those high-wing single engine Cessnas look alike to me.

Let us know when you get your stall speed under 60 so you can pull a 550 and really exploit the lift from its airfoil profile.

9. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

My father owned a Tripacer also. Over the years we owned quite a few airplanes. My personal favorite was the Piper PA-17 Vagabond. Cruised close to 100 mph on a Continental 65HP. We would rebuild an airplane every year or so and sell it and look for another. It was fun and kept us out of the Pool Hall! If the Powerball had come thru, I was looking in the direction of an Avitat Husky. One of our last trips to Oshkosh, we stopped at Broadhead for the Pietenpol Fly Inn. Now, that is real flying behind a Model A engine turning 1600 RPM.

10. Cary Winch

Van,

Been around a couple Vagabonds over the years. One of my favorite two place of all time also. My father has had a number of Tr-Pacers (and one Pacer)over the years, he loves those old "Molly Milkstools". I grew up on those myself. The one he has now is super nice, other Tri-Pacer guys love checking it out.

I have a friend with a Husky, amazing plane.

I used to own a Pietenpol many years ago! I loved that old thing. To even add to the connection with you on that, I destroyed it in an accident at Brodhead of all places. The one I had didn't have the Model A, it was Corvair powered one. They are such an easy, gentle plane to fly, just don't get offended by cars on the highway passing you.

11. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Kewl, Cary, had no idea...
    Very nice...

and you do need some "Nose Art" heheh,
    don't forget Victory Girl it's what she does... well, that and my "Camper Art"...
    Facebook
    fun...

[​IMG]

more fun..