Necedah via Alaska

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by KathyBob, Aug 2, 2013.

1. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Tomorrow we set out on our 2+ month trip to the CI-CO 2013 with a slight detour to Alaska. This is a long-anticipated adventure, hatched by Bob several years ago and agreed to by me just in the past year (I am always later to the party.) We'll post pictures and journal as able. Thanks to Carol and Mike who have given us so many ideas via their posts and to Jenn who has shared her Alaska travel experiences.

Have just started playing with Picasa as a means to posting pictures so that I don't have to post on Facebook prior to posting here. We'll see how that goes. This is the first successful picture post after many attempts.

[​IMG]

2. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Heheh, that photo says it all.... believe that's your Iconic Symbol... excellent...

Sounds like a great trip will follow it closely as I want to do the same thing next year... fun..

Picasa will get easier as you go. The key is to keep you photos where you know where they are.
    Typically you download them from the camera into that folder
    open Picasa, edit as needed and then select and tell Picasa to Post.
    I use it (but through Light Room) and from there you can link/copy/link URL to post onto this forum... it's easy once you get the flow. I just wrote down on paper the flow and adjust it as I find a better way...

Here's mine if you can use an example...
    https://plus.google.com/photos/108683042376142967861/albums

There's a cross over between Google and Picasa that I never understood but it works... free too, heheh, that's the best part...

Have fun on the trip, would be fun to see your route, maybe you have it planned on Google Maps? or street maps..

looking forward to seeing the progress..
    "Happy Trails"..

ps. Oh, and don't forget to Wake "Mellow Bob" up for the trip... heheh, love it... cheers..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  3. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

thanks Frank for the encouragement. Bob got a big chuckle out of your comment! Kathy

4. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

You go before us to pave the way.

I've been on Jim to hit Alaska after our trip next year to Canada (eh). Keep the photos coming. So long as we can see Bob in his chair, we'll know all is well.

Have a blast!

Camp On,

Sue

5. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Kathy, you should make a photo album of Bob in the chair at as many exotic locations as possible.

6. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Like the Travelocity gnome or the Flat Stanley cut-out

7. rushthecat

rushthecat Novice

We found the gnome in a stream just north of Talkeetna while we were on the flag stop rail tour. Can Bob be far behind?

[​IMG]

8. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

KathyBob have a safe and fun trip.

9. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Bob IS a gnome. Didn't you know? He only wears his high, pointy hat for formal occasions.

Sue

10. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Arrived at the Mile 0 mark in Dawson Creek yesterday. Lovely trip so far. Decided to spend two nights here, explore the town and organize for the next phase.

Birch Bay, WA

[​IMG]

Nairn Falls Provincial Park

[​IMG]

Hat Creek Ranch, Cache Creek, BC

[​IMG]

Rocky Mountains along Hwy 97

[​IMG]

"0 Mile" Marker in Dawson Creek, BC

[​IMG]

11. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Kewl...
    From the map:
    http://goo.gl/maps/JP9w6

looks like it's the "Laaaaassssttt Stop from Civilization"... heheh looking forward to the next set... fun...

and Whoaaa... Where's Bob.. heheh.. not sitting down...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  12. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Kathy & Bob continue to have a safe and fun trip. We are looking forward meeting you at the CICO.

13. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Thanks! Just made the decision to head to Dawson City from Whitehorse tomorrow as the weather promises to stay beautiful.