New insulated cover and DC fridge/freeze available

Discussion in 'Official Camp-Inn Area' started by Betsey, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

We have found an insulated cover that fits our Dometic AC/DC Refrigerators. It has ventilation for the compressor and a zippered top for easy access. It fits the Dometic brand that we previously sold and it fit the new NovaKool brand that we are introducing.

The NovaKool is a less expensive DC refrigerator. It is 12VDC Only, but there is an AC adapter available. It can operate as a refrigerator or freezer. This is not a thermoelectric type cooler. It has a compressor like your refrigerator at home. It is capable of making ice in 100 degree weather. Camp-Inn is offering it as a less-expensive alternative to the Dometic unit they currently sell.

We have the new NovaKool Fridge/Freezer and the new Insulated Cover in the "Kitchen" section of Camp-Inn's online store.

Follow this link DC Fridges for pictures and more information.

2. Travelguy

Travelguy Novice

Hi Betsey

Glad you guys liked the cover I showed you.... looks good and protects your fridge and keeps in cooler in the heat.

Found the fridge cheaper at this site... http://coolmatic.net/coolmatic_cf_35.html --- only 564.00 and that model is both AC and DC . It has the thermoelectric unit in it.

Like your web site its really coming along.

3. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Todd,
    Does that cover fit the coolmatic for $564 that you linked? I'm thinking of getting that but would like the cover if it's a fit. Thanks!

4. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Linda,

The new cover we sell works perfectly with the Coolmatic. Starting to be a popular item already it seems.

By the way, thanks to Todd for pointing out that link. Another customer also found this too. Any one interested in getting a Coolmatic should jump on that ASAP before that supplier runs out and has to order new stock. That price is far below the current wholesale price. That is less than we pay for them wholesale. Really really, you should get one.

Cary

5. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Cary,
    Went to order it as soon as we got back from our second trip out in Mini Mc and it's unavailable! I think the word got out...
    Sent them an email to see what'sup and awaiting an answer... Thanks, Cary!

6. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Linda, Have you heard anything about the cooler availability?
    Steve

7. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Steve,
    Yeah, I got an email back from the company and they no longer carry that model...can't remember what the other brand is they carry but it's pricey - so when we get one it'll be from Cary. Waitin' on a few more schekels to come in first...

8. Travelguy

Travelguy Novice

Bill and Linda... found this site when I was having problems with my original fridge so bought a back uphttp://www.americanrvcompany.com/Waeco-Portables_c_47.html

At the time (CF-35) I bought it was on sale for $ 479.00 ... right now they are 519.00 and yes the cover fits them. This one is good for ac and Dc...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  9. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Normally American RV has the best prices for the Dometic/Waco CF-35 we got ours a few months ago for $399 +$53 shipping. Keep checking the prices, it will probably come down again towards the end of summer. I think it's a more in demand (summer) thing than a stocking thing. Try buying it in December when they can't give them away.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Novice

I also got mine from American rv. Would prefer to purchase from camp inn, but I guess American rv sells a lot of these so they can offer an unbeatable deal. It's so so so liberating never dealing with stupid ice again or wondering if your meat is 'safe' to eat. You won't be disappointed.

11. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Does the insulted cover slip over the frig./frzr. or does it cover the bottom too eliminating the need for a towel to protect the SS in the galley?

12. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

No towel is needed but it IS hard to pull out - someone suggested the use a ShamWow underneath to make it easier to pull out. Bill keeps wanting to put a towel around it but it makes it fit too tight and you can't pull it out. I'll have to remember to mention the ShamWow to him.

13. RollingRob

RollingRob Junior Ranger

Hi Betsey, thanks for the info. Do you know if it can be modified for the nor cool model you sell, perhaps cutting extra part for full ventilation? thanks