New members in STL

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Repallad, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Repallad

Repallad Newbie

Hello all,

Bob and Diane in St. Louis expecting the arrival of a previously-loved 550 Ultra from a forum member in Seattle. We're very excited to start this new chapter in our lives. We love the outdoors and I hope to combine my camping hobby with my love of astronomy and dark, clear skies.

We're getting our Outback set up for towing this week, and hope to have our TD by the end of the week ... and perhaps our maiden voyage next weekend.

We have a golden/Pyrenees mix named Annie who loves hiking, and who (I'm sure) enjoy the new arrival as much as we will.

I'd like to say "thanks" to the forum ... I've already learned so much and previous posts have proven to be very helpful.

2. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

Welcome to the forum - You should enjoy having your new to you CI.

Are you picking up your TD or having it shipped? That would be a nice first trip.

Bob

3. Repallad

Repallad Newbie

Hi Bob,

We're having it shipped. I agree it would be a great first trip, but the timing didn't work for my wife to also be off. The dog's a great travel partner, but she refuses to take a turn at the wheel.

Thanks for the welcome!

Bob

4. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Congratulations Bob and Diane. We travel with Rika the Vizsla! You'll love tear dropping with Annie!

Randy & Michelle

5. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Congrats, Bob and Diane! Oh the times you'll have and the places you'll see (my grandbabies are over today, so Dr. Seuss is buzzing in my brain like a bee).

You'll have to name her. These CIs always travel smoother with a name. It'll come to you as you get to know her.

So enjoy and please stay with the forum and share your adventures.

Camp on,

Sue

6. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

By the way, anywhere near Springfield, Mo? There is the mother ship of all Bass Pro's there. Takes up a square city block and fun galore! Filled to the max with outdoor toys, toys, toys. Jim says, "They even have a five star restaurant so you never have to leave." Waaa-Hooo!

Our idea of Disneyland.

Camp on,

Sue and Jim says

7. Congratulations! We Just spent our 27th night in ours since we picked it up in April. We did a cross country trip and passed through St. Louis. Enjoy!

8. Repallad

Repallad Newbie

Yes, I've picked up on the tradition of naming our TD. And we will. But, as you say, no preconceived names. The right one will rise to the top.

By the way, a BIG thank you to the thread about getting the hitch installed and wired correctly. I have no doubt I would have done the wrong thing if I hadn't read that conversation. Every place I called tried to tell me I didn't need the 7-prong connector, but I was able to stick to my guns ... thanks to the forum.

9. Mark & Casandra

Mark & Casandra Junior Ranger

Congratulations, Bob and Diane! Your 550 will be the perfect addition to your outdoor adventures! It's always great to "hear" the excitement and anticipation of new owners about to take delivery of their CI.....brings back great memories of when we bought our 560 used almost 2 years ago! Totally revolutionized the way we camp for the better!

Sue.....we made it to the Bass Pro in Springfield, MO waaayyyy back in 1990 (when it was the only one from what I see online).....one of the coolest shops I'd ever seen! Now we have 2 Bass Pro Shops & 1 Cabelas all within about 45 minutes of us....so I can get into plenty of trouble!

Casandra