No poles & lots of head room

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Hilditch, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

No poles, no zippers and no wet tent. As I’m anti-zipper, our homemade privacy screen does the job when needed. Susan has used it a handful of times out of 140 nights and a couple of those were for a shower. I just use the door if needed.

The tear is looking better after our work & the Woody's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hilditch

2. abccampinn

abccampinn Novice

Thats a pretty cool privacy screen. Did you make the frame and screen?
    Charlie

3. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

Thanks. Yes. The frame is two pieces of alum. channel with two bolts & Susan sewed up the screen. The scary part was making it before the tear was built. It came out a little longer than expected on the door, but closes up on to the inside wall just fine. I didn't add any weights to the bottom so it's more fun when it's windy!

Hilditch

4. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

I'll bet it is fun when windy!

5. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Fun for whom...the person inside or the person outside watching? :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

:cool:

6. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

7. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

oooe -- you must not have Minnesota mosquitoes or winds. We like the side tent as we can kill the mosquitoes in there before opening the camp-inn.

8. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

George, I'll second that.

Pat, no we do not. Haven't run into a problem on the East coast from Quebec to the Keys. Our two year old can of Raid is over half full after camping in 5 provinces and at least 10 states.

Hilditch