NW Oregon/SW Washington 560 Rentals

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by jlointc, Aug 13, 2012.

1. jlointc

jlointc Newbie

Hi Everyone,

The teardrop trailer idea really peaked my interest this month. Twice, I tried to snag a hotel/motel accomodations on the Oregon Coast now, but they want $150-200/night this time of year. I've been dreaming how nice would it be to just have a travel trailer, suffice with a RV Park stay and shower there? Which brought me and my wife to research... when we came across these two videos of a guy showing off his Camp-Inn 560 (older model).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0P9mp6FhBI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wihla9Vml80

We're in love. With the design and utility. Not so much the price $15000+. So where can we RENT ONE, we thought... before we take the dive... we REALLY want to make sure this is the best option for us. We're both 30, and we'll have 2 daughters, 1 now 18-months old, the other expected in October.

Any of you out there find yourselves in the same stop we're in and decided to take the plunge and buy the 560 for a family of four? What has your experience been?

Thanks & regards,
    Jose & Family
    Cornelius, Oregon

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

I can't comment on the 560 as I have ordered a 550. I searched all sources for a similar trailer including Cozy Cruiser in Springfield and Teardrops NW in Salem.

You may pay more, but after looking I am of the belief that you will retain more value with the camp inn product.

Dave

3. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Hi, folks. We have a 550, but I'm sure the owners who are bringing along kids, parents, pets would advise a 560. I would call the factory in Necedah and 1) ask for a contact in your area who would be willing to show you theirs', then 2) ask them about renting one.
    Phone:(608) 565-7443 Fax: (608) 565-7443
    Email: camp.inn@tds.net
    tinycamper.com

Kathy

4. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Hi Jose-

Welcome again to the forum!

We were sort of in the same boat. My husband had some health issues that prevented him from sleeping on the hard ground, and I wanted to keep camping. With a little one, it was a bit tough to find a teardrop (I wanted something small that I could manage on my own, and a pop-up trailer wasn't as appealing). Upon my research, when I found the 560, with those bunks, I was stopped in my tracks. My husband was a little skeptical, but told me to call the company and chat with them. I did that, and was really impressed. They gave me the name of some folks here in Portland, so we could see one in person. Mick looked inside and told me call and place the order the next day. He was sold and we have had no regrets at all.

We only have 3 of us, but I could imagine putting another little one in the other bunk. With a little one on the way, the bottom bunk actually would be good for a baby. It has a little wall between your head and their mattress that would keep them safe and snuggly, but close by. The top bunk has a "kid catcher" so they won't roll out too. We ordered ours when Laddy was 2 , and picked it up just after he turned 3(it took about 3 months or so at the time for the order to go in and for the trailer to be built - not sure what the wait time is these days). He LOVES camping in it. There are a couple of us with kids of varying ages with them now, so you might get more advice also.

The other bright side is, even though we multi-season camp, most of the time we spend inside is for sleeping (either naps or night). We are out and unplugged the rest of the day. We have an alcove tent from REI, with sidewalls, that we put up over the galley when we are not protected from the sun or when our rain sets in. It is a must have and gives a little extra room if you need to get out of the elements. Sometimes we will sit in there and play cards, waiting for some rain to pass, and it keeps me dry when I make meals. If it gets super torrential (and I have Mick with me) we put up our Northern Breeze. That kept us warm and dry for a weekend in March in the Gorge (you know how wet that can be!).

Keep asking questions and doing your research! You will find what you need, what is going to work best for your family, and folks here are very friendly and have probably had most of the same thoughts as you!

5. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

Hi, Jose. I certainly understand your position. We rented a teardrop from a TD-maker an hour or so away from us, to test out the concept. We liked it, so we then started designing what we would want in a camper. As it turned out, the Camp-Inn team had already figured this all out, so we bought from them.

Maybe you can find someone near you who will rent one, even if it's not a Camp-Inn. You'll still end up buying a Camp-Inn, though. :)

-Al

ps Not too helpful, but you might follow up on one of these posts: http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=45972

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016