Itinerary Nw Round-up 2015

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by slumry, Sep 28, 2014.

Added to Calendar: 08-20-16, 08-21-16, 08-22-16, 08-23-16
  1. slumry

slumry Novice

AUGUST 20th through AUGUST 23rd 2015

The 5th Annual NW Round-Up is scheduled for August 20 through August 23, 2015. I have booked three nights. The event will be held at the same location as last year; Mossyrock State Park’s primitive group campsite. All are welcome. Details to follow.

Just a point of clarification, selling a trailer does not excuse the seller from attending the NW Round-Up, it is open to all regardless of make or model of camping vehicle. We do not discriminate based on tonnage, size or company of origin. I hope Uncle Frank. Michael and Susan understand the social contract they signed when joining the Camp-Inn community. :/

Some of the following thread which discusses alternate locations and dates is no longer relevant...

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  2. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

I have checked out Silver Falls State Park in Oregon. They have two group sites that will work.

I need all of your help in replying to this thread or sending me a pm. What dates would work for you? I can only reserve 9 months ahead. So if I reserve on Oct 1 I could get July 1 etc. Not sure what earlier dates are available.

This would be instead of Mossyrosck, Washington where we have gone before.

This is a beautiful park with lots of dthings to do in and out of the park.

I don't mind funding the up front costs but need at least 10 people to commit. The group site will hold 25 trailers and has water, picnic tables and restrooms with running water.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Dave

3. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi!

We'll stay tuned! I just told Michael that this get-together could be the push for us to go to the PNW - haven't been there in all of our US travels!

Diane

4. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

I'm
    "Loaded & Tied,
    Ready to ride,
    Any place, any time."

I'm planning on going down there in Oct or so...
    but I'm in, where ever.

Best to plan on an off weekend due to traffic.

Jenn, Traffic through Seattle from about 10am to 3pm is generally clear sailing and Portland is about 2.5 hrs down the road, off rush hour... Sarah would know better, but there is a doable window...

Count me in...

[​IMG]

fun...

5. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Summer in Portland, you are going to run into nasty traffic. Word got out and folks have started coming here to vacation during the summer. Everything speeds up, gums up, and is crazier than when the rains are here. We find rush hour starts around 2:45-3:15 in the afternoon during summer and keeps up until around 6:30-7:00 during the week, but Fridays are the worst and traffic starts between 11:30-12:00, but finishes a little earlier. Sundays are bad too with folks coming back into town from their excursions. It all depends which way you are coming and going. Mornings are easier. This is all I-5 stuff too, and doesn't include 84, 26, 99, 205 or 217 (they will also have their issues). The holiday weekend will be the worst. One 4th of July weekend it took us 2.5 hours to go 15 miles. We were heading south on I-5. We would have given up, but everything in town was stuck and we wouldn't have been able to get home for hours either. Coming through, if you can, I would leave a bit early and come home a bit late (a day or two on either end, so like a Thurs-Mon rather than a Friday-Sunday, or plan to get through Portland in the morning).

Going to Silver Falls from PDX will run you about 1.5 hours depending on the route you take. I like going through. Mt. Angel and Silverton. It is a nicer drive and they are neat little communities.

I worry if we bring the event south that the folks up north will not make the journey. We only have a few Oregonians who go North so far. Any Cali folk wanting to join us if we come south a bit and knock a couple of hours off your journey?

6. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

I was thinking of mid July, so I would have to call mid October.

If mid week would be better that is fine. I thought I should include a weekend?? as some still have a job.

I think I will go ahead and book a two or three nite which ever I can get and post further when I have a date.

Three nights would run us $300.00 for up to 25 trailers. I will get what I can and if at least ten people come it will only be $30.00 each.

Nearby to the park is Silverton which is home to the Oregon Garden www.oregongarden.org, also silverton is a fun little town with lots of antique shops etc, There is Silverton lake for kayaking etc about 5 miles away. We will bring two kayaks.

The camping area is open with tres behind you where we would all face the open area with trees behind.

I think everyone would have a good time and realize that we made it to Mossyrock, I think our neighbors to the North would like a change.

Someone mentioned gas costs. Gas is less expensive in Oregon than Washington. Also I think there are some Camp Inn owners in Southern Oregon and California that might visit.

Keep your comments coming and as soon as I have a date I will let everyone know.

It is impossible to make it perfect for all since nine months ahead is hard to plan. If you come we will do our best to plan things for all interests.

Dave & Dixie

7. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

You can count me in. I am going to be there next week. Which group sites are you going to try to reserve? I can take pictures if people are interested.

8. fpoole

Yah, I'd probably come down earlier and leave on a Monday after rush hour...

Or maybe?? if things work out?
    I'll just continue to the sand dunes... whoops... Forgot, Summer... bummer...

9. Pick

Pick Novice

I'm gonna move to the left coast one of these days. You guys have too much fun out there.

10. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

The only sites that will work for us are at the North Falls group rv sites A or B. I like (A) a little better as the rest room is on the edge of group site A and is a little farther for the group site B.

They will not allow us to reserve the tent sites for our trailers.

Joan, we would be glad to meet you there next week, we could have lunch in Silverton.

Send me a pm if you are interested and I will give you my cell number.

Dave

11. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Mike, just make sure you leave your instruments in Indiana. The bats you know, they don't like them! ;) Hee hee!

12. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Baring any unforseen circumstances I will plan on being there. I would love to spend some time exploring Oregon. I don't play any music except on the radio.

13. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

Look forward to next year and having people see how beautiful Oregon is. This is a spectacular park.

We will make sure that everyone enjoys themselves.

PS: Further comments on this will be on anew thread as we have been requested to change the name of the thread to the NW Roundup.

Thanks all

Dave

14. birder526

birder526 Novice

NW Round up

Hi Dave!
    Would you post information so far for this gathering? We are interested and it will be our first journey to the Pacific northwest! Thanks!

15. fpoole

Re: NW Round up

Ahhhh, there we go... a separate thread...

Dave, you can copy and paste the necessary previous posts to this one if that would help.

Just copy the original post and open a new post here and paste.
    Suggest giving the original poster credit or???
    Just recap it all and ask for whatever info you need...

as In: "I'm in"... as I am...

Hope that helps (HTH)

16. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

we are likely to attend. Bob and Kathy

17. JoeB-NW

JoeB-NW Novice

Mid July should work for us, at this point count us in.

18. Tom Ruggles

Tom Ruggles Novice

Tom and Gayle should be there -- if we can ever get rid of our summer visitors.

That's a beautiful choice.

Mid-July = good
    July 4 = bad

19. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

I think mid July would work for us. It would be only 9.5hr drive from our place and with Sue's lead foot we could make it in no time.

Jim

20. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

I like the idea of a mid July date too.