Itinerary Nw Round-up 2015

Discussion in 'Gatherings' started by slumry, Sep 28, 2014.

Added to Calendar: 08-20-16, 08-21-16, 08-22-16, 08-23-16
  1. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Heheheh, you crack me up... I'm assuming you all are down there now??
    Have fun..

Next year fer'sur...

2. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Is anyone showing up on Wednesday to camp in the regular camp ground. I wonder if we can get in early at the primitive. We couldn't last year but some did the year before.
    I've been wondering about some of the people who thought they would be there and I haven't seen anything from them for a while.
    Sieg, Steve and Alea, Larry and Peg. Diane and Michael, you're coming right? Norm and Peggy? Are you going to be there. I enjoyed visiting with you last year. Lets see a show of hands. lol I wonder where Sue and Jim are right now. On the Peninsula?

3. birder526

birder526 Novice

Thanks for inquiring! We won't make it this year. We're heading east now toward Idaho. Ultimately, we will be in Necedah for CICO. Sorry to miss the fun! Have a great time!

4. slumry

slumry Novice

Shirley and I are looking forward to visiting with everyone this year. Due to work demands, we will not be showing up until Friday afternoon. If you have any problems getting on the site tomorrow, let me know.

Like most Washington State Parks, Mossyrock is experiencing drought conditions. Campfires are prohibited, as is the use of charcoal. Do not bring wood to burn and you can leave your Dutch Ovens at home. Propane fires are OK. In addition, the water level of the lake is very low this year, which means that even though the boat launch area is open, the dock is unusable as is the swimming beach.

Possible field trips for Saturday might include a hike to Mount Adams. Mount St Helens, Mount Rainier, and the Ape Caves are also recommended.

Stephen and Shirley

5. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Poor Jim and Sue are suffering so. Camping here in LA Push with only a partial ocean view. See you all Thursday.

Jim

6. fdkoh99

fdkoh99 Junior Ranger

I am flying home from a biz trip Friday AM but Linda and I should be there late afternoon on Friday.

I like the idea of a hike on Saturday.

7. Jim and Sue L.

Just made it home from the PNW Round-Up. Had a great time catching up with all our fellow CI campers. Big thanks to Stephen and Shirley for making it happen.

Jim and Sue

8. slumry

slumry Novice

Even though attendance was down from last year, with the addition of the comedic stylings of Sue we managed to have way more fun than is good for good wholesome campers. The lake was down quite a bit and there was a lot of smoke in the air from all the forest fires.

The field trip on Saturday consisted of a four mile hike up the Cispus Environmental Learning Center Covel Creek River trail. Spectacular water falls throughout the entire hike. The golden smoke cast a strange magically tenor over the area; however, when we started to smell fire, we know we needed to get off the trail. We hope to see you all next year.

Stephen and Shirley

9. fpoole

Good report, thanks Stephen...

Sounds like fun in a Surrealistic camping area with the fires/smoke etc...

See you all next time..

Now that the REAL "Camping Season" is about to begin...

sigh, finally...

10. pbaker2225

We had a small group but fun. I was sorry to miss out on the hike but my achilles tendon problem still isn't healed. It was great seeing old friends and meeting Jim and Sue for the first time. The Laddy has grown quite a bit and it's fun seeing an active boy having fun. I hope Sarah and family had a good time on the boat trip. I enjoyed camping next to Stephen and Shirley. Thank you Stephen for making the arrangements for the Round up and Shirley for sharing her mellon. I enjoyed the fellowship around the propane camp fire. I think I want one of those. Joan is always fun to talk to and Bailey is such a nice little dog. It sounds like Jenn will have some new adventures to tell us about. Nice to see Dave and Linda. Theirs was the first CampInn I had seen and I went right home and ordered mine.
    I'm headed to Fish Trap Lake for a camping trip with my friend.

11. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi Pat! Sounds like a fun time! We are sorry to have missed meeting you and the others. We're heading east to Wisconsin for CICO now. Will you be there? We've got 5 months and 7000 miles under our belts and love it all!

12. Jim and Sue L.

Yeah, Patty, can you make it? We're heading out today and will end up in CICO. We'll miss you if you can't, but will say hi to everyone for you.

Take care of yourself and we'll all talk on the forum

Later

Sue and Jim

13. pbaker2225

I won't make it to CICO this year. Maybe next. I hope everyone has a fantastic time. Enjoy the journey. Half the fun is in getting there.

14. slumry

slumry Novice

As you may have noticed I have not posted any updates about the NW Round-Up #6.

I have been pretty busy lately trying to get ready for retirement and have not had much time to work on getting a venue. I think based on the number of parties we had last year and the cost of Mossyrock that it is no longer cost effective for us. Plus I think people are ready for a change.

I do not know what my schedule or location is going to be this summer and it is unlikely that I will have the availability to do the he venue search. If someone has the time and wants to volunteer to take on organizing the event, let us know.

15. pbaker2225

Thank you for organizing these Round Ups for the last three years. I enjoyed camping next to you guys last year. Interest did seem to wane last year with a small turn out.
    Congratulations on your coming retirement. Hope to see you on the road or a future meet up.

16. fpoole

Yeah, what she said...

thanks Stephen & Shirley, great setup at the time and now you can, with retirement coming up, 'git down to the business of living..."
    fun and thanks...

Pics from the 2013 PNW Event (with some train pics)

fun

17. Jim and Sue L.

Congrats on your retirement. We've been gone over 10 years and are so busy we can't understand how we did all this AND held down full time jobs. Bet you find yourself saying the same thing a year from now.

Time to start the fun.

Sue and Jim