Oak Thicket Park In Texas

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by Doug & Amber, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Doug & Amber

Doug & Amber Junior Ranger Donating Member

This weekend we camped at Oak Thicket Park in Fayetteville, TX. It turned out to be one of the coldest weekends ever. Daytime temps were in the high 30's and nighttime was a frigid 20. We had a great time as we brought warm clothes and had the ceramic heater and electric blanket. After the campfire at night, we were nice and toasty in our trusty 560. We actually had to turn down the heater a bit as it got too warm inside. Since we use our water tanks for cooking and cleaning, I put a mechanics trouble light or work light in the left pantry bin under the sink. The 75 watt bulb kept the pantry about 60 degrees and kept the water pump and plumbing bits from freezing.

I got some cool LED cooler lights in my Christmas stocking. They working great in the cooler, made it look cool and very easy to find what you are looking for too.

I got to play with my HAM radio on Saturday in the heat of the day. I made some contacts: I spoke with Kansas City, Bearsville, NY and a small town in New Hampshire. Pretty cool with basic vertical whip antenna and 100 watts of power. If there are any Teardrop inn HAM's out there, contact me and we can discuss. IMG_1053.JPG IMG_1055.JPG IMG_1049.JPG IMG_1056.JPG IMG_1050.JPG IMG_1057.JPG

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Mike_Kathi, Evan and Tom & Diana P like this.
  2. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

One of the best bass fishing lakes in Texas!

3. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Great tip on the trouble light!