Online Owners Manual

Discussion in 'Official Camp-Inn Area' started by Betsey, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Hey Everybody,

You've asked for it, and we finally did it...

A new updated version of the Camp-Inn Owner's Manual! And it is online, too! It even has an index! :grin:

Craig has been working for a couple weeks editing and re-editing, adding and deleting, and pulling out his few remaining hairs. :crazy:

We haven't include every detail, but the new manual has added 20 pages of information. At 52 pages you can start a few more campfires with it (the paper version)!

We are releasing it here on the Unofficial Camp-Inn Forum to give everyone a first peek, but we are also asking for feedback.

We tried to add information that people have asked for over the last couple years, since our last major revision, but I am sure we missed something. Are there sections you find confusing, pictures you would like to see, stuff we forgot to add, or even typos?

Remember, we can't include everything, we have to keep it small enough to fit into the camper!

Here it is:

Camp-Inn User Manual PDF

You might find out something about your camper you didn't know before.

After we have had a chance to make updates, we will send it to the printer for making the fire-starter version. ;)

Thanks for your input!

:cool:

Kevin S likes this.
  2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Very nice. Some reading material for later...

3. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

An index, too? Fancy, fancy!

No, really this is great. Thanks.

Sue and Jim

4. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Betsy,

A section on fuses would be helpful. A list of fuses to carry, where the fuse boxes are and how to change the fuse would be great.

5. GTXgreg

GTXgreg Newbie

Great job on the manual. Very complete and an excellent job by the proof reader. How about a listing of light bulbs by trade number. Could then have a replacement on hand without taking the lamp apart first.

6. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Thanks Joan and GregBeth! This is the kind of feedback we were looking for. Sometimes, when you stand too close to something, you can't see it clearly.

7. David Olson

David Olson Novice

Wow I like that.
    Very detailed.
    Good work.

8. Deb

Deb Novice

Thank you so much for doing this!

9. slumry

slumry Novice

A few suggestions:

The original manual had a check list and I think that was very valuable. We keep adding to it, major items we added are; check the parking brake and make sure the electrical connection is disconnected.

About hitching up, the advice we were given to ensure that the trailer was hitched was the thumb test and that really works. Also, it is a lot easier if you place the hitch over the ball so that the front of the hitch is just is near the front of the ball, then it just slides together nice and neat as you crank down the trailer. Also, I believe that the trailer hitch is adjustable and has a nut for this purpose, at least that is what I hear on tnttt. It would be nice to have some language in the manual that discusses when and how to make the adjustment.

Something I picked up from listening was that driving fast, over 60 mph has a major impact on mileage and tire life. This may not be a good marketing item, but it seems to be something that owners need to be aware of.

10. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Thank you for all the input.
    Craig got the updates you requested.

The checklist will be on the cover like it currently is. The first page shown in the PDF is the title page.

The "thumb test" is on page 36 item #6. Craig didn't mention using your thumb, since that may be a liability issue if the hitch slides on at that moment. It is easy to explain in person, and harder to be clear in writing.

The info on speed effect on mileage is on page 41.

Light bulbs on page 18 and fuses on page 19.

Camp-Inn User Manual 2012 PDF

Thanks again to everybody for their input. Time to go to the printers....

dustinp likes this.
  11. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Thanks to everyone at Camp-Inn for putting this together. We keep the manual in my car, but. Know we will forget to move it to Micks car when we tow with that, and having it wills answer any questions we have about the trailer. Thanks for all of your hard work!

12. Dave

Dave Novice

Thanks guys. it is great to have this online.

13. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Is there an APP for that?

14. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

This is great for prospective owners great job