Receiver Hitch Optional Reciever For The Camp Inn

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by jpbrew, Aug 2, 2016.

1. jpbrew

jpbrew Novice

Hey folks, just a question about the optional receiver for the Camp Inn. While stated that it is intended for bike racks, has anyone ever used the receiver for any purpose? I ask this question as I have an aluminum fishing cart (sold at various stores like Bass Pro and Cabelas besides on line) that weighs less than perhaps 15 to 20 pounds and comes with an optional receiver attachment which allows the cart to be carried by a receiver hitch much like a bike carrier. The Camp Inn Manual states that the receiver is tested to 150 pound load, but my intent would never to put that kind of weight on the receiver. At most I would carry some umbrellas chairs or an empty fishing cooler in the cart while traveling.

Angler's Fish-N-MateĀ® : Cabela's
    Fish-N-Mate Cart Caddy : Cabela's

2. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

The receiver hitch works well for the small cargo racks like that. I have seen customers use them for hauling small items. Probably the most common item I see people use the rack for with the Camp-Inn is to haul a small generator like a Honda 2000. Works perfect for that. One rather talented fellow from OR even welded up his own rack to hold Honda generator that swings to the side and also functions as a table.

Cary

Kevin S and RollingRob like this.
  3. jpbrew

jpbrew Novice

Thanks for the reply Cary. After doing some internet searching, I found one review which stated that the weight limit for the Fish-n-mate caddie was 200 pounds although I'm not so sure I want to trust just that as a documental source. Maybe now I can take along my DIY Smokey Joe smoker.

JP

4. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

FYI.... I posted this a few years back. I had reached or exceeded the weight limit. I could feel it in my steering. Front end a little light. Steve

[​IMG]

Kevin S likes this.
  5. Jim49

Jim49 Novice

We have used it with a Thule fold down two position bike carrier. the bikes we used it with were Columbia sport comfort bikes each weighing 35 lbs for a total of 70 pounds of bicycles. Had virtually no noticeable effect on the towing .

Kevin S likes this.
  6. PlasticsMan

PlasticsMan Novice

Question about the receiver option...

I'm considering adding the 2 inch receiver to our TD without a rear bumper. Can anyone tell me if it sticks out far enough to be a shin banger?

7. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

You should be good, unless you leave the tow bar with ball inserted in it all the time.

8. M&L

M&L Ranger

We ordered the 2-inch receiver option with the intention of using it for bicycles, but realized it is far more valuable as an umbrella mount holder. The umbrella mount inserts into the receiver and allows us to use a standard patio umbrella over the galley! You do have to step over the umbrella mount while cooking, but everything is within reach anyway so it's not a big deal. The umbrella is fairly lightweight (at least compared to the wooden-pole versions we used to have in the backyard), and unscrews in the middle for transport.

MAXXHAUL 50102 Hitch Mount... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MXZ1XP5

Abba Patio 9ft Patio Umbrella... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TBMCP7X