Update Picking Up Our Campinn 560 This Friday!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by RidderBees, May 4, 2014.

1. RidderBees

RidderBees Newbie

Hi everyone,
    We are so excited to be part of the CampInn crowd. Having ordered our 560 last September, it seemed a lifetime, but we are picking it up next Friday. We also saw the information about the 10th Camp-Outt and signed up. Looks really fun.

Any suggestions on getting ready for the pick up process? We are going to camp several nights right afterwards as a maiden voyage. We already have our tow hitch and wheel blocks. Having been tent campers for several years, we have the usual gear, but thank goodness we get to leave the tent behind!!

We named our 560, "Florecita", which means little flower.

Hope to meet some of you while camping,
    Greg and Rosa :

2. Pick

Pick Novice

Congrats,
    MDP
    Mike & Denita

3. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

congratulation I really like the name...you will love it

4. Jeannie

Jeannie Novice

Congratulations!! Have fun! Someday... someday, I will post something like this too! :)

5. DickandJudy

DickandJudy Newbie

Love the name! I posted about wishing we'd packed a picnic lunch when we picked up #655 last Tuesday. Orientation with Cary is loads of fun, but believe him when he says it's 4-5 hours!
    Like you, we asked for advice for getting used to the teardrop vs tent camping. Most responses focused on remembering to ventilate the cabin at night, even in cool weather.
    Have fun - hope to meet you soon.
    Judy

6. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Depends if you are returning home to stock or heading out from factory.

Before you even leave the factory wax the teardrop!!!!!!
    Helps to preserve the wonderful factory finish.

Basically less stuff is the way to go.
    Pack basics. Takes a number of trips for items to find a home.

Other suggestion, anticipate gawkers requesting tours the minute you pull into a campsite. I have learned to tell them come back in an hour, I need to set up first. Onlookers will be slightly speechless, but should quicly realize you are correct in needing to set up first.

Your tear wil be new to you, trying to learn how to set it up at a site. You don't need to give tours while your head is swimming in the clouds with your own excitement. On lookers can wait.

Jean

7. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Congratulations from some more fellow Minnesotans!

Still too new ourselves to offer much advice yet....will leave that to the veterans.

Dustin & Kris Paulson

8. Biggie

Biggie Novice

Congratulations and welcome!! We are so excited to see the number of CampInns in Minnesota on the rise!! We love camping in our beautiful state, and of course traveling beyond. We'll be on the lookout for you this summer. We're certain that "Florecita" will provide you with the ultimate camping experience!

9. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Great another Minnesotan Camp Inn. Enjoy!

10. Seekir

Seekir Newbie

Hello fellow nest mate! Isn't it so exciting? We are picking up our 560 next Thursday! Well, by we I mean just my husband. We are both active duty military and I can't take time off to go pick it up. We live in DC. The guys there have done an amazing job getting our teardrop ready to be picked up by the 15th!

It's been neat to see both of our teardrops in the pictures. Can't wait to see it in person. I'm sure you two feel the same. We named ours "Mingo". Curious if anyone can figure out what that nickname means... Hope to see ya'll on the road!

11. 1Door

1Door Novice

You got some Indian in ya??
    Alan says something about James Finnemore Cooper and the Leather Stocking Tales...
    During 1700's The 5 Tribes of the Iriquoiios Nation were known by the Americans as MINGOS...
    Is that it?

12. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

I remember a Mingo from the Daniel Boone 60's television series. He was played by Ed Ames, and was Daniel Boone's Cherokee Indian friend.

13. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

Correct mcnugit. Although, not to be confused with his evil brother Taramingo, also played by Ed Ames. Luckily we had Ed Ames with his "Indian" features and cheekbones. Otherwise they might have had to resort to using an actual Native-American.

14. Seekir

Seekir Newbie

Interesting interpretations of "Mingo". I had not realized it was a group of people. I love learning new things. I read up on it. Very interesting!

The nickname is actually a bit more girlish...my poor husband. However, after I used it at least 100 times (well, it probably seemed that way to my husband), the nickname has stuck. I love flamingos...thus I named our 560 after the animal. If you squint really hard while looking at a 560 you might be able to see a flamingo's body shape ;) So if you see a 560 camping with some of those fake plastic flamingo's...you found us. My husband did draw the line when I mentioned wanting to add a flamingo pink alcan cover ;)

15. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

mcnugit,

We are located close to Boone, NC named after you-know-who. Also near here is Meat Camp, NC which is where Boone would bring his game to sell and preserve during his summer hunts. Closer still is Trade, TN where Boone and other mountain folks would trade with the "locals." Just across a couple of ridges is Roan Mountain. Legend has it that Boone was forced to leave a roan stallion behind because of lameness. He figured the horse would never make it through the winter. When he returned in the spring, he ran into his horse who had turned into a magnificent stallion. Allegedly.

16. Mark_inMA

Mark_inMA Novice

Also not to be confused with Mongo in Blazing Saddles. I loved the Daniel Boone show.
    At least Ed wasn't a blond guy under makeup. I did notice and appreciate when Hollywood got
    an actor or actress that had Indian ancestry to play one of the roles in a movie though.

My dad had the honor of a full blood Cherokee Tribal Chief at his funeral. He looked
    way different in full dress than I remembered him finishing concrete with Dad.

Seekir, see my earlier post about the home of lawn flamingos...

Greg, it is nice that you honored your wife with your trailer name.

17. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

Mongo like beans.