Please Give Quick Advice Re Car Battery

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by lorieandkeith, Aug 11, 2017.

1. lorieandkeith

lorieandkeith Novice

So sorry about this. I have a dead TV battery (my fault) and AAA is on the way. I think my battery is probably shot due to severe discharge, and also it is 5 years old. I prefer the security of a well maintained car.

AAA is offering to replace the battery with a AAA branded battery. I always used to go straight to Sears and get a Die Hard. Is the AAA battery a good battery? they will charge $150.

Would appreciate any advice. I hope this post is not inappropriate, but if it is Evan can delete it and I will understand.

2. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

Sorry to hear you have to make a decision under emergency conditions. I would be tempted to get the cheapest battery you can get that will start the car, then do your research and replace it soon with your best choice. Most Die Hards are excellent, but Consumers Reports identified some that are not so good. I am guessing that AAA batteries are OK, but ordinary, like Interstate batteries. My favorites are made by Optima. If you are prone to discharging your battery, a deep cycle AGM is worth considering.

Good luck!

3. lorieandkeith

lorieandkeith Novice

Thanks so much.

4. campator

campator Newbie

lorieandkeith likes this.
  5. Steve_B

Steve_B Newbie

The AAA batteries come with very good service and warranty. Delivery and installation is free on most vehicles. Prices are competitive. They have a six year warranty with free replacement for the first three years and a prorated replacement cost for the last three years.

lorieandkeith likes this.